CHAPTER 14

Unlike yesterday, the living room now has four house maids mopping it's pure white floor .
They are all dressed in the same grey uniform . I tried to tip-toe on the part that has already dried up , I tapped one of them , a middle aged looking woman who sharply turned to face me .

"Please where is Inaya ? " I politely asked the woman who kindly replied "Go upstairs , there's a living room just next to the balcony, she's there . "

"Thank you . " I said and walked towards the stairs not waiting for a reply from the woman .

The stairs is spirally structured and large with white tiles floor , I have no time to stay and admire its beauty , it's already morning, I guess my work now is to dress her for school , right ?

I continue to walk on the stairs until I reached its end , just as I was trying to figure out wether to follow right or left , I saw a familiar face of a small girl coming out from the right corner . The same huge black eyes as Zakir , the same shaped eyebrows, the very girl I first saw at the gate .

She's dressed in a white shirt , a green knee length flay skirt and a king white socks .The girl's wearing a black shiny school shoe and an unmade tie on her hand . She's Inaya , the young boss's sister . It's obvious because she look just like him excluding the eye color .

"Good morning. " I heard her saying in a tiny cute voice . I turned my back to see wether she's referring to me and she actually is since there was no one behind me .

"Morning Inaya , I'm Akila your nanny . " I replied at the same time wondering wether she dressed herself or it was with someone's help .

"Please can you help me with the tie ? " She asked passing me the green tie , she looks like a six to seven year old .

I collected it and asked "Who helped you with the clothing . " I asked while knotting the tie around her neck .

"It was me . " A voice different from Inaya's voice answered me , I raised my head to look at the person , it's a woman , she looks a bit older than me probably twenty four or so , we have the same black eye color , but different skin tone .

Her nose is not as straight as mine rather it's rounded and she looks a bit shorter than I am . But none the less , her light skin shade and confident dark eyes shows her beauty .

"Who are you ? " She asked me while pointing her index finger at me accusingly .

I continued to knot Inaya's tie till I finished before raising my head to reply her .

"Inaya's nanny . " I replied her in an equal courageous voice . This is the first time I'm setting my eyes on her , not that I'm quick to judge but she's somehow ..just somehow .

I heard as she scoffed and said " I see . Well I am Amina , the young boss's maternal cousin which also means Inaya's cousin .And of course the young boss's life partner . " She said showing me her middle finger that has a diamond ring on it . An engagement ring for sure .

I don't even remember asking for all this bunch of informations she just gave me .I don't need it .

"She helped me with my uniform but doesn't know how to know a tie . " I heard Inaya said while looking at her cousin .

"Inaya I said I'll learn ." Amina replied with a small frown .

Inaya turned to face me and continued speaking "And she has been watching YouTube tutorials on how to knot tie yet she still doesn't know how to do it . "

"I'm in the process of learning. " Amina proudly answered Inaya.

Inaya breath out a sigh and said "Oh Amina , I'm really glad you are learning because now if you marry my brother , how will you knot his tie then ? Anyways if you need help , I think my skillful nanny here can help you . "

I think Inaya is not as quiet as she looks , I had to resist myself from laughing . I watch as Amina stormed back into the right corner with loud footsteps , really loud .

"Did you eat breakfast ? " I asked her knowing that she has to eat before going to school.

Inaya shook her head horizontally and asked "What about you ? " To be honest , this small girl here is surprising me , she's being nice to an immigrant like me . Even the young boss probably doesn't know that I migrated from Maiduguri to Kano .

I answered "I did not eat , let me get your breakfast first . " As a responsible nanny , I have to make sure she has eaten .

"The workers here usually eat in the kitchen . Eat there first before getting my food . " Inaya said as the two of us start to make our way down the stairs .

"Wait , where's your school bag ? " I asked at the same time in a potential motion.
Inaya turned around showing me a black shiny bag on her back , I wonder how I didn't notice it at first .

_________
Q: Best color ?