CHAPTER 6

I looked at the young boss's hazel eyes inquisitively as he walked and sat on the grey cushion .

" Sit . " The young boss said to me looking at my black eyes for the first time since when he entered the living room , it was a professional look yet I couldn't help but stare even more . Those hazel eyes definitely has more to it than it looks .

"I don't want to make the cushion dirty Sir . " I said sincerely , considering how neat and expensive the grey cushion looks .
The young boss stare at me even more and I broke the gaze when I couldn't hold it anymore yet I could still feel the hazel eyes on me .

Maybe he's judging how dirty my maroon hijab looks due to the fact that I ran for a day or maybe he's judging how unkept I look or well , maybe not , but the possibilities of it being the last option is very low .

" Sit . " He said in a much firmer voice that I just had to comply . I walked towards the grey cushion that's opposite the one he's sitting on and sat down carefully still afraid that I might dirty it .

The young boss interwind his left hand fingers together with his right hand fingers as he starts to speak " You're looking for a job.." He sated as he look at me once again .

" Yes Sir . " I replied trying my best to remove any informalities so as not to anger the young boss.
" Call me young boss like others , not Sir . " He said with a hard glare making me to automatically nod my head .

"As I was saying you're looking for a job..."He stated again making me to wonder why he's stating the obvious.

"Yes Sir—young boss i means ..." I said

"I'm looking for a nanny for Inaya . " He replied making me confuse , I was wondering where her mother or father is , or maybe he's her father because they look so alike ? I don't know...

"Your daughter ? " I blurted out not able to control my statement and I automatically covered my mouth with my palm as young boss glared at me as if he didn't like the question .

He took in a deep breath and answered me hesitatingly " Inaya is my younger sister and just so you know...I don't like too much questioning. "

"Yes young boss , I can do it. " I responded feeling how heavy the words sounded on my lips , I don't know if I'll be good as a kid's nanny , so of course I'm nervous , even though I've probably seen Inaya once at the gate .

"Good you'll start your work tomorrow, Habiba will show you to a guest room where you'll be staying ... " The young boss replied and got up to leave but turned around as if he had forgotten to tell me something.

"And be careful of people in this house , just do your own work . " He said making me even more nervous. I means as far as I can remember I didn't see anyone else in this house apart from the young boss , the gateman, Habiba and the little girl that I assumed to be Inaya . So where are the rest ?

The young boss turned and walked in a business-like manner out of the living room towards the stairs . He's definitely a business man or something like that , I guess.
I got up from the grey cushion and was waiting for Habiba as the young boss said .

" Follow me . " I heard the old woman from earlier saying to me with a warm welcoming smile that'll probably make her mouth to rip open due to how wide the smile is .

To be honest , the smile made me feel accepted , and I hope it's a welcoming smile and not anything more nor anything less .

_____
Q : what's your favorite genre of books ?