CHAPTER 19

I ceased my steps and rotated to view the person that held my hand in a too-tight grip .
And when I turned , my eyes unexpectedly view the face of the young boss , his face had no any emotion on it , no smile , no frown or any thing like that .

I was expecting to see an emotion that'll make me know that he regret what he did yet there was nothing . The disturbing thing is that this is the second time he's crossing his limit by touching my hand . I shook my hand trying to break free yet he held it even tighter .

"Let go of my hand . " I said still trying to break free of his hold . But what I heard next annoyed me even more .
" You're not going anywhere. " I heard him say with finality in his tone . I don't understand why he likes to order people around , well not this time , I won't obey his commands anymore .

I wiggled my hand even more still trying to break free of his hold but to no avail . "let go ! " I rushed the words out of my mouth feeling my anger rising .

I watch as the young boss made an eye signal to Amina and the three other men making them to walk out of the living room . They obey his commands so easily , this makes me even more curious on who the young boss actually is .

I jerked my hand away from his hold forcefully , seeing that I'm now free of his veil i quickly turned towards the hallway intending to park my stuffs and exit the house as soon as possible . Hopefully I'll be able to get a hotel room using my salary .

"I told you not to follow that hallway . " I heard the young boss said making me to halt my steps as I turned around to answer him .

"I don't care about whatever you say now ! Just let me be ! " I shouted before turning to run into the dark hallway which I'm now quite familiar with . I did what I normally do when following the hallway which is to count my steps , fifty-nine steps and a right corner leads directly to the maids' quarters where my room is .

What I did next was to pack my necessities in a portable black nylon . And now I'm set to leave , for another migration, maybe I won't go outside Kano but I will definitely leave this house for good . I'm done trying to be a nice employee to the very murderer of my Momma .

By the time I exit my room , it was already getting dark and I knew I needed to leave before Inaya return. I sneakily reached the exit gate trying my best not to be noticed by any of the gardeners or cleaners around .

For some reason , the grey gate always brings back memories, memories I don't really want to remember right now yet as I stepped my foot out of the house , my tears starts to fall even more making me to be engulfed into a silent cry .

I looked across the streets noticing how less busy it looks now that the night has shown it's supremacy by spreading its darkness all over the atmosphere accompanied by some stars .

I turned to my left and advanced my steps with each moving leg , this is how the life of an immigrant is . The moment I opened my heart to trust is now the moment I felt disappointed. I was starting to trust him , perhaps I still do but now my heart is closed . It is permanently closed for any Tobit of trust .

I continued to walk eventually turning to look at the people I'm passing by , they looked so happy, calm and peaceful . I wish my own life can be like that .

I automatically became more careful when I was about to cross a narrow passage of the street , perhaps as dark as the hallway that's forbidden in the young boss's house even though there was still light from the people's houses that could be seen .

I could see some group of boys just a few steps ahead of me with what looks like cigarette on their hands as it was emitting smile . But I have no business with them , all I have to do is to walk pass them so as to go very far away from the young boss , very far .

I continued to walk slowly keeping my eyes focused on the northern direction but automatically stopped when the two boys jumped in front of me , I mean it , they jumped to stand right in front of me .

"Excuse me .I want to go . " I uttered in an very low voice wondering where my boastful confident high voice went to .

"Where are you going beautiful lady ? " I heard one of them ask at the same time flashing a touch light to my face making me to slightly close my eyes .

"Just move , I want to go ! " I responded in a loud voice but I guess I made a mistake seeing how their natural expression d hanged into something I couldn't detect .

One of the two boys extended his hand to trace my dark pink veil making me yo disgustingly move back .

" Trust me , we can help . " I heard the other guy spoke in the same mischievous tone .

I quickly turned to run away not caring to pick my veil that has been dragged by the boys but o guess they can run faster than me because they got hold of my worst before I even leave the narrow street .

By this time my tears were already falling . I'm just a seventeen year old immigrant whose mother has been killed in an attack planned by the person I started trusting. Why is life being so harsh on me ?

_____________________
Author : thanks for reading MIGRATION.
Pls do vote , comment and share .

And pls do check out my other stories: SEE , HEART SHADES AND MIXED ACADÉMIE.

For those interested in dua the pls check out DIALY DEEN .

Thanks 🤍