CHAPTER 18

I waited in the kitchen boringly counting the number of squares of the ceiling . I was about to get up and walk to the maids quarters when a maid I'm not quite familiar with came into the kitchen and informed me .

"The young boss is back with some guest . Go and serve them . " She said to me indirectly stating my work in her statement. Initially serving the young boss and his guest
was not part of my work but with the absence of Habiba , my work has expanded .

I lifted my lazy body up and walked to the trays' cabinet , there was a transparent glass tray that caught my attention so I carried it and walked to the refrigerator where I carried seven bottles of water and seven drinks .

The next thing I did was to arrange it on the wiped tray . I carried seven cups and arranged it neatly on the tray . They're probably in the living room so that's where I walked to next .

I walked to the living room to serve the guest , the young boss was seated on the couch with another man beside him , the man has a light skin shade and perfectly shaped eyebrows just like that of the young boss yet he looks more like Amina .

On the opposite couch was Amina and on the next one sat a man that looks way too interested in whatever they were talking about that he didn't even notice my presence just like others .

I quietly placed the drinks on the rounded glass table and was about to leave when my ear heard Amina's voice saying "serve. " . I normally don't do what she just asked me to do now but seeing as the young boss didn't say anything.... I did just that .

I carried one cup and poured a bottle water into it feeling like my each and every move is being watched not only by Amina but also by the young boss , Wahab.
As I passed the cup to Amina , my nervousness made my hand to move slipping the cup from my hand as the content of the cup poured on Amina's white gown .

Before I could even move a finger I felt a fish of wind landing a painful slap on my face. She slapped me !
"Your mother didn't teach you how to serve or what ! " Amina yelled at me but she used Momma in her yelling , my Momma .

I was about to raise my own hand when I heard another slap sound , but this time around it was not on my cheek , it was on Amina's.
I raised my head to meet the hazel eyes of the young boss that's standing in front of Amina now . This is unbelievable , he slapped her .

"Wahab ! Why did you slap me ! ? " Amina asked in fury . Her loud voice sounded irritating to my ears , I have an antipathy for loud voices .

I watch as the young boss put his hands in the pocket of his black trousers and spoke as calm as ever "Her mother is dead . " The young boss said to Amina at the same time surprising me . How did he know that Momma's dead ?

"My Momma died in a Maiduguri attack but how did you know that ? " I asked turning to face the perfectly structured face of the young boss . He refused to answer me making the place be as quiet as a holy place . The person that spoke next was Amina .

"It looks like you don't know who Wahab is , he planned the attack ! Wahab is merciless with a heart of stone and an angelic beauty . You think he's only a business man ? Well , he's also a terrorist ! " Amina released the words out of her mouth like a running tap still holding her slapped cheek .

What she said surprised me that I unconsciously moved back allowing my tears to fall . But when I forced myself to look up to Wahab's eyes , I didn't see that merciless man she described.

The fact that he didn't object to how Amina described him made me to realize that it's actually true .

He planned it all , he killed Momma ! He separated me from Zakir , they were the only family I had but now I no longer see Momma's peaceful face that always makes me happy, I no longer see Zakir's huge black eyes that always gives me a consoling look , I no longer hear Zakir's great remarks about my beauty .

I lost everything, all because of the person I'm looking at right now , the young boss , Wahab . It's all his fault , All ! I still continued to unbelievably stare at him , even when I heard Amina speaking I didn't move my disappointed stare on his face .

"Wahab , you see , she's already backing away , just because she found out a little portion about you . But I will love you no matter who you are ! " Amina voiced out her words making me confused .

Who's talking about love here ? When did I say I love him ? Yes he's handsome , yes he's rich , but I don't have even a pinch of like for the man that is the cause of Momma's death . What I feel for him now is one thing and that's 'Hatred ' .

I can't even stay in this house again , house of a terrorist ! I am leaving.
"I'm leaving ! " I shouted and turned around to leave but felt a strong hold on my hand making me to turn back .

__________________
Q: You enjoying MIGRATION?
Then pls vote , comment and share with friends .

And please check out my other stories too
SEE , HEART SHADES AMD MIXED ACADÉMIE.

🤍