CHAPTER 9

'I have to find out , to know the reason behind all these . ' that's what I thought at first but thinking about it , this is just my first day here . Stuffs like that are none of my business.

" He said there's another way . " I said to Habiba who is now rubbing Vaseline on her skin . I looked away so as to give her privacy in doing whatever it is .

Habiba cleared her throat and said " Yes , there is . " Her reply confounded me , I mean if there's another way then why did she not direct me towards it ? Why did she have to make the young boss to be angry at me ?

"Why didn't we just follow the other way ? " I inquired.

"The hallway's route is shorter , the young boss should know that as an old woman , I should not be walking much yet he never allow me to follow the hallway . I was even more tired today that's why I disregarded his rule and followed the hallway trying my best to walk fast so that he won't meet me there . " Habiba replied as she walked towards her wardrobe .

I waited patiently for her to finish dressing up before I asked "He said I should ask you about my room ? " I said in an inquiring tone , it's and indirect question.

"There's no any spare room , unless you want to use that room . " Habiba said while pointing at the a door in her room . It's sounds weird to me how a room can be in a room apart from an attached toilet , but nonetheless a room is a room.

"Oh..." I mumbled as low as possible not knowing how to converse with an old woman .

My stomach embarrassed me when it released a loud grumbling sound making me to lower my head embarrassingly .

" It looks like you're hungry . " Habiba said to which I stayed hushed up .

The aroma of a tasty meal hit my nose and when I raised my head , I saw Habiba holding out jollof rice and beef for me . I'm in this room with her then where did she get it ?

Her next sentence answered my question "it's from that . " Habiba said as she point at a rounded food flask behind the door , that's the time I actually realized that there's something behind the door .

I collected the food from her hands as I feel my stomach grumbling even more .
Taking and consuming the food slowly was what I did , Momma told me to never eat in a hurry so no matter how hungry I am , I always consume food in a slow manner .

By the time I finished the food , I felt full as ever . I mumbled 'Alhamdulillah' under my breath and thanked Habiba after that .

" Welcome . " She responded as she collected my empty plate and dropped it gently beside the food flask .

"I forgot to ask about your name beautiful girl . " She said obviously wanting me to tell her my birth name while I , at first remained expressionless not knowing how to react after being complimented by an elder that I just met .

"Akila . " I answered with a smile , the first real smile I actually did when I came here . I felt the end of my lips curving even more to enlarge my smile .

"I guess the young boss's mother will be pleased to hear your name . ". Habiba replied and sat down back on her bed .

I was confused once again so I asked " Why ? " Akila was given to me by my late father , Momma told me that it was the name of the gynecologist that operated Momma during delivery .
Momma also told me that the gynecologist did a lot of struggles during the operation and that's why Baba Aliyu named me after her , Akila .

I know what Momma said was true yet anytime I ask Zakir , he always respond by saying "Akila means pretty , Baba Aliyu named you that because you are pretty , very pretty . " I always used to giggle when he say that .

He lied just to make me laugh regardless of the fact that we all know that my name doesn't mean ' pretty ' . My dear brother , where are you ?

________

Q : Do you rather read wattpad or log into Ig .
I'm sorry wattpad but ig... is my choice !

Hit the start button !