eight

The days went by and Yujin talked less with Chenle and Haechan because they had a lot of concert rehearsals. Today they had the second of three concerts in Seoul, and tomorrow is the third and last show and the first where the girl will be in the audience. She was excited and looking forward to tomorrow. It was also so hard to keep everything a secret from Haechan, but luckily she and his members managed it.

Yujin was counting the cash register when she heard the door chime. She looked up and saw Haechan walking into the store. She smiled and waved at him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Yujin asked.

"I was in the area and thought I'd drop by. How's work?" Haechan replied.

"It's been pretty slow today. I'm supposed to close up soon," Yujin said.

Haechan looked around the store. "Looks like I got here just in time then. So, what have you been up to? We haven't talked much lately."

"Not much, just been busy with work. What about you? I mean I know but like how are you feeling?"Yujin asked.

"As you know, we had our second day of our concerts so it was pretty intense but exciting," Haechan said.

Yujin smiled. "I'm sure you did great. You always do."

Haechan grinned. "Thanks, Yujin. You always know how to make me feel better."

They continued to chat, joking around and teasing each other for fun. They were both in high spirits, taking advantage of the fact that there's no one at the store right now.

Suddenly, Haechan picked up a bag of chips and pretended to walk out of the store with it. "I'm taking this with me," he said with a mischievous grin.

Yujin laughed. "You can't just take things without paying for them!"

Haechan put the bag back and pretended to pout. "Fine, I'll pay for it then."

They continued to talk and laugh until Yujin looked at the clock. "Oh no, it's almost midnight. I need to start closing up," she said.

Haechan looked at his watch. "Wow, time really flies," he said, looking at the girl.

Haechan had been hanging out with Yujin all evening, and he didn't want the night to end just yet. As they were leaving the shop, Haechan suggested that he walk Yujin home.

"It's getting pretty late, and I don't want you to walk home alone," Haechan said, trying to sound casual.

Yujin looked up at him, surprised. "Really? You don't have to do that."

"I know I don't have to, but I want to," Haechan said, smiling. "Besides, it's dark out and I don't want you to be scared."

Yujin hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Okay, thank you."

Haechan pulled his face mask up over his nose and mouth and put his hat low over his eyes to try and avoid being recognized. They walked in comfortable silence for a while, enjoying the cool night air.

"So, how was work today?" Haechan asked, trying to make conversation.

Yujin sighed. "It was pretty busy. We had a lot of customers earlier, and my feet are killing me."

Haechan winced sympathetically. "That doesn't sound like fun. Do you like working there, though?"

Yujin nodded. "Yeah, it's a good job. The people I work with are nice, and the customers are usually pretty friendly."

They continued to chat as they walked, enjoying each other's company. Haechan was glad to be able to spend some time with Yujin, and he was grateful for their friendship.