twenty three

Yujin entered the practice room, a smile appearing on her face when she saw Donghyuck and the other Dream members. Everyone was absorbed in their dance routine, and their movements were synchronized, precise and smooth. Yujin had always felt pride for her boyfriend and his group of friends. All seven of them deserved the best, considering how hard they worked for their success. And despite how famous they are around the world and obviously in South Korea, they were still humble.

When the music finally stopped, the boys noticed Yujin standing by the door. Haechan's eyes lit up and he rushed towards her, pulling her into a warm hug. Yujin hugged each member tightly, but it was her boyfriend's hug that lasted the longest, his arms wrapped around her protectively.

"Hello, my pretty girl," Haechan whispered, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. Yujin's heart fluttered at the sweet gesture, feeling a small blush appear on her cheeks. She looked into his eyes, searching for any signs of exhaustion or stress.

"How are you? Are you feeling okay, Hyuck?" Yujin asked with concern in her voice. "You've been working very hard lately, and I'm still worried after your visit to the hospital."

He smiled, his hand reaching up to caress her cheek. "I'm okay, Yujin. Don't worry about me. I would tell you if something was wrong."

Her worries eased as she heard his reassuring words. She knew how demanding his schedule could be, and she didn't want to burden him with her worries. But Haechan always had a way of making her feel most important, even in his busy life. He didn't want her to feel ignored or neglected because of him and his job. He didn't want her to regret being in a relationship with him. That's why he tried to show at every opportunity how much he loved her and that he was willing to give up everything for her just to make her happy.

Suddenly, Haechan's eyes sparkled with mischievously. "You know what, Yujin? How about we go on a late-night walk tonight? I'll come pick you up after I'm done with my schedule."

"Walk? But, Haechan, are you sure? What if someone recognizes you? I don't want you to get into any trouble."

Haechan chuckled, rubbing circles on her hand with his thumb. "Don't worry about it, love. I already thought about it. We'll be careful, yeah? And I just want to spend some time with you. I've been very busy lately and I don't want you to feel bad because we spend less time together. Besides, I really want to go for a walk with you, you're my girlfriend, let's do romantic things as often as possible without worrying about anything or anyone."

Yujin was happy to hear his words. She liked that Haechan always made their relationship a priority, even despite his busy schedule. She didn't want to resist the opportunity to spend as much time with him as possible.

A smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she nodded. "Alright then. Let's go on that late-night walk if you're sure about it."

Donghyuck's face lit up with joy, and he pulled her into another tight embrace. He wasn't worried at all about what would happen if someone noticed them – he just wanted their relationship to be as good as possible without any problems. And if someone didn't understand it, it wouldn't be his problem – relationships are normal in life, and he is only a human who deserves happiness despite everything. And she made him happy.

"If I ever have a girlfriend, there's no way I'll be this sickeningly sweet." Renjun whined, looking at his friends who publicly showed their love for each other.

"Oh nah, you're gonna change your mind when you find someone." Haechan said rolling his eyes and looked at him.

Yujin sat at her vanity, carefully applying her makeup, her excitement building with each stroke of her brush. She had been eagerly anticipating Haechan's arrival, she couldn't wait to spend some time with him.