twenty six

"From what I see on the Internet, the rumors about us died down quite quickly, but people probably realized that they couldn't actually see who was in the photos." Donghyuck said as he sat on the couch, playing with Seji who was purring on his lap.

"Well, that's good then, isn't it?" Yujin asked, placing a glass of water for her boyfriend on the table. "Unless you wanted to confirm it was you?" she looked at him skeptically.

"No, I mean it wouldn't matter to me, the most important thing for me is how you feel in such a situation." he said, placing the cat next to him and taking a glass of water in his hand to drink.

Yujin watched him drink, admiring his beauty. So much time had passed, but she still couldn't believe that someone so beautiful was hers. His hair, his eyes, his lips, the color of his skin, his figure –  everything was beautiful.

Just as she was about to compliment him, someone started knocking on her door. And it wasn't just a knock, it was a literal banging on the door. They both looked at each other in surprise, not knowing who it could be.

As Yujin approached the door, her heart was beating with uncertainty. She glanced at Haechan, who was standing next to her, his jaw clenched in curiosity. With a deep breath, she reached for the doorknob and slowly turned it. The banging became louder as she opened the door, revealing her father's furious face.

"Yujin!" he bellowed, his voice laced with anger. "How could you? I saw you together last night! How can you enjoy life when your sister is dead? Your mother and I have already told you that it's your fault, so what about you? You just don't care? So you hang out at night in short dresses with the boys? What have you grown into?"

Yujin stepped back, surprised by the intensity of his tone and accusations. Haechan stepped forward, his protective instincts kicking in. "I'm sorry, but what's your problem?" he demanded in a voice full of indignation.

Her father's gaze moved to Haechan, his eyes narrowing. "Don't interfere, boy," he spat, raising his hand menacingly at his daughter to punish her.

However, before he could hit his daughter, Haechan grabbed his hand, tightly squeezing her father's wrist. "Don't you dare," he said in a quiet, strangely calm voice. "You have no right to lay a hand on her."

Yujin watched in shock as Haechan persisted, his eyes burning with anger. Her father struggled against his grip, his face full of rage. "Let me go, you insolent brat!" he said furiously.

But Haechan held on strong, not giving up at all. "Not until you calm down and listen," he insisted, his tone unchanged.

Her father's eyes flickered with rage, but finally, he relented, pulling away with a disgusted huff. "Fine," he spat, his voice dripping with contempt. "But mark my words, Yujin. Nothing good will come of this. You disappoint us all the time."

Yujin felt a surge of anger rise within her, but before she could respond, Haechan stepped forward, his voice cutting through the tension. "Get out," he said, his tone cold and final.

Her father's eyes widened in disbelief, but Haechan didn't falter. "I said get out," he repeated in a firm voice.

With one last glance, her father left the apartment, slamming the door behind him. Yujin stood in stunned silence, her heart beating with emotion. Haechan turned to her, his expression softening with concern. "Are you okay?" he asked gently, looking for her reassurance.