twenty four

"This weekend Mark is throwing a birthday party at our company. You'll come with me, right?" Haechan asked his girlfriend as they were cuddled together on the bed in his room.

"Of course," she said, looking at him. "What should I buy him?"

"You don't have to buy him anything, love."

"Well yeah, but I really want to."

"Let's give him a gift together, hm?" he suggested. In his opinion, since they are a couple, they can give him a gift together. Besides, he doesn't want her to spend a lot of money.

"Sure," Yujin agreed. "Do you have any idea what he might want?"

Haechan nodded. "I recently talked to him about music and I remember him saying that he would like a new guitar and maybe he would buy one after his birthday or get one as a Christmas present for himself."

"Great! Let's get one for him then." she looked at him when she heard his stomach growl. "Are you hungry?" Yujin asked him a rhetorical question.

He nodded. "Should we go cook something or would you rather order?"

"Can we order something? I'm too lazy to cook."

"Yeah," he nodded, grabbing his phone. "I'm honestly way too lazy to cook as well." he carefully dialed the number of his favorite restaurant. "Hi, I'd like to place an order for delivery, please." he said, his tone polite.

Yujin kept looking at him, admiring his voice, lips, eyes, smile and honestly everything about him. She smiled to herself as she heard Haechan listing their favorite dishes.

After providing the address and payment details, Haechan thanked the restaurant staff and eagerly waited for the meal to arrive.

When they went to the living room and sat on the couch, Haechan's hunger was getting stronger by the minute. He imagined a delivery guy driving to his dorms, carefully carrying bags with their favorite food.

Finally, the doorbell rang and he practically jumped off the couch and rushed to the door. As he opened it, he was greeted by the sight of a delivery man carrying a bag filled with a long-awaited meal for him and his girlfriend.

At the same time as Donghyuck was picking up the bags with their order, Yujin was sitting alone in the living room, thinking about how she and her friends haven't been spending much time together lately. She knew the main reason was that each of them was busy, but that didn't mean it wasn't sad that they had gone from spending time together every day to seeing each other every now and then.

Sometimes she thought that maybe it was also her fault, because she spent time with her boyfriend every day, and he and she couldn't be seen together in public. Yujin and her best friends usually loved hanging out everywhere. Most often, they went to the Han River and to various restaurants, spending a nice time eating and drinking soju for many hours. However, they spent the least time at home, unless the weather was terrible and they were forced to do so, which usually happened in autumn and winter.

"What took you so long?" Yujin asked as a smiling Haechan entered the living room, carrying food with him.

"You know," Donghyuck said, sitting down next to her. "The delivery boy was handsome, I had to flirt with him a bit." he joked.

"Damn, maybe I should have opened the door for him then. Maybe I could have found a more handsome boyfriend than you." she said, laughing as Donghyuck let out a surprised gasp and looked at her, offended.

"There's no way you think so. There's no way you'd find a better-looking boyfriend than me." he said seriously, but she saw an amused gleam in his shining eyes.