𝟬𝟬𝟭, you're on your own, kid.

chapter one !❪ you're on your own, kid ❫

chapter one !
you're on your own, kid

chapter one !❪ you're on your own, kid ❫

BEFORE THE APOCALYPSE

"riley?" the nurse came into the doorway with a smile on her face. the girl took her eyes off the tv channel that she was watching and turned her attention to the woman. "your dad is here to see you."

when her father was mentioned, riley grinned and nodded for the nurse to let him in. the young lady moved out of the entry way for the father to enter the room. riley sat up from laying down as her dad took the seat next to the hospital bed.

"hey kid." negan gave her a peck on the forehead before placing his hand on top of hers.

riley took a sip of her water that was in a little plastic cup. "hi, dad. where's mom?" she asked him.

"she's at home, sleeping. you know that she wanted to come but her—"

"cancer." riley nodded, frowning. "it's fine."

negan shifted in his seat, gazing at his daughter. "riles, how did this asthma attack happen?"

riley let out a breath while staring down at her legs that were covered by the sheets. "i don't know, i woke up in the middle of the night since my coughing started in the beginning of the day but i didn't think much of it. when i woke up, i felt hot, sweaty and it was getting harder to breathe. i couldn't find my inhaler."

"thank god i woke up before anything happened." her dad ran his hand through her hair. "i'm sorry this happened."

"it's not like your the one who caused it." she let out a soft laugh.

negan smiled at the girl before sighing. "yeah but your my daughter.." he began, staring at his kid. a father will always have the deepest love for his daughter.

"my daughter, my responsibility."