𝟬𝟬𝟴, suffocating smoke

chapter eight !❪ suffocating smoke ❫

chapter eight !
suffocating smoke

chapter eight !❪ suffocating smoke ❫

START OF THE APOCALYPSE

when riley and her dad came back home, her first thought was to take a nap. she was coming down with a fever and didn't have energy at all.

after hours went by she finally woke up.

her eyes were squinted and she was sweating like crazy. she looked around and saw on her bedside table a cup of water and a bottle of pills with a note on it.

'only take two riles'.

she opened the bottle and took out two pills. riley placed them in her mouth and took the water to easily swallow it down.

once she was done, riley got up from her bed and left her room.

"dad?" she called out.

there was no response.

except for walker groans that were coming from the next room.

she felt her heart race and stood there frozen. why was their a walker in her house? where are her parents?

thoughts kept filling the poor girl's mind. riley let out a shaky breath before walking towards the door.

'please don't leave me like this '

she stared at the written words on the wooden door and entered the room.

riley gasped as tears filled her eyes. it was hard for her to even speak because her words came out as a sob.

"mom," she chocked out.

the woman who read riley bedtime stories, taught her how to read, brushed her long hair smoothly when she was stressed, helped her with homework when she didn't understand...

the woman who used to be her mother was now dead.

"no..." she shook her head. the walker had one arm raised, eager to grab the human for a meal while the other was tied up against the bed.