𝟬𝟬𝟯, pudding

chapter three !❪ pudding ❫

chapter three !
pudding

chapter three !❪ pudding ❫

BEFORE THE APOCALYPSE

"i got groceries!" her dad announced, coming from the front door.

riley was in the living room, watching tv before helping her dad and grabbing the grocery bags from his hands.

"great, what snacks did you get?" she snooped in the bags, her head peeking inside.

negan went around the kitchen counter and rested his elbows. "same stuff, except for a couple of things."

riley raised her eyebrows at him before going through the bags. she narrowed her eyes as she took out one of the snacks from the grocery bag. "pudding?"

"yup, i've tried it, your mother likes it, which only leaves you."

"i've tried pudding before and i didn't like it." she shrugged. she stared closely at the labels before making a disgusted face. "yuck."

"riley honey, you've tried white pudding, not the chocolate one..." he shook his head.

"don't they all taste the same?" she furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"one is vanilla, the other is chocolate."

"oh, no wonder i didn't like the white one. it's vanilla. we all know chocolate is better."

"uh disagree, strawberry will always be on top." her mother chimed in the conversation. lucille walked over to negan and stood next to him.

"dad bought pudding, the chocolate one."

"oh well that's nice, i like pudding." her mother smiled, rubbing her husband's shoulder.

"you should try it riley. maybe you'll like the chocolate one better." negan suggested to the young girl.

"fine." she grumbled before going over to the kitchen drawers and pulling out a silver spoon. she opened the pudding top and scooped up a good amount for herself to try.