𝟬𝟭𝟲, welcome aaron

chapter sixteen !❪ welcome aaron ❫

chapter sixteen !
❪ welcome aaron ❫

chapter sixteen !❪ welcome aaron ❫

RILEY HAD FINALLY WOKEN UP. she sat up from her spot and rubbed her eyes. the girl looked around to find carl but he was nowhere to be found. the others seemed exhausted and looked like they didn't get sleep at all.

noah laid his head on the hay with tiring eyes. "why do you all look so tired?" she scooted closer to him with a frown.

"walkers," he simply responded with, "they tried breaking in."

"why didn't you wake me?" riley asked him, eyebrows furrowing.

noah shrugged and stood up. he looked down at riley and grabbed her hand, "come, check it out." the girl stood up and was dragged away from the barn.

when noah opened the shed doors and riley was met with the sun flashing her eyes, she had finally seen the trees that had fallen and the walkers that were crushed.

"oh my god..."

"everything turned out to be okay though, we all held the door closed," noah reassured her.

she sighed and covered her forehead with her hand. "sorry that i didn't help."

"nah it's fine, i didn't want to wake you lovebirds up." the teen had a smirk growing on his face.

"lovebirds? what are you talking–"

riley's sentence was interrupted when they heard someone clear their throat behind them. the two turned around, facing carl.

"oh! carl," she huffed, "i was just about to look for you..."

"yeah, uh, i went with glenn to find some water for the group." he answered with narrowed eyes. "we should head back inside before my dad starts to worry."

riley gave him a small nod and walked back inside the barn with the boys. everyone perked their heads up but their faces rested when they saw it was only them.

that was until maggie and sasha came inside but with a stranger, "everyone... this aaron."

in a second, the whole group raised their guns at the man. he had a plaid flannel on with a warm jacket on top. "we met him outside. he's by himself. we took his weapons and we took his gear."