𝟬𝟭𝟬, survival

chapter ten !❪ survival ❫

chapter ten !
❪ survival ❫

chapter ten !❪ survival ❫

SHE WAS alive. riley surrounded herself with survivors, she eventually became one too. her whole life changed when the world ended.

her mom died from killing herself. her dad was nowhere to be found so the girl didn't know if he was still alive or not.

she used to hate the world for taking away her life, but she was wrong.

because there was two people worth helping.

rick grimes and his son, carl.

riley didn't know that by two people breaking into her house, she would grow an attachment with them or a bond.

she smiled when seeing carl feed judith her bottle, them sitting in front of the campfire as night fell and crickets chirping.

carl glanced up and gazed at riley, "i hope we find a place soon, i don't think i can deal with all this heat."

the girl tilted her head. "would you rather be hot or cold?"

"definitely cold." carl answered with a small grin.

"you have to think about the risks being cold too, you know."

carl raised his eyebrows. "what do you mean?"

"i mean like you can get frostbite, hypothermia, you're whole body gets frozen and bits of your fingers can fall off."

the boy stared at the girl with a scared look on his face. "never mind i'll be in the heat instead."

riley laughed and shook her head, "i'll still choose the coldness." she looked down at the fire.

"why won't you hold judith?" carl blurted out his question.

riley looked at him and the baby with furrowed eyebrows, "what do you mean?"