𝟬𝟭𝟳, best of us

chapter seventeen !❪ best of us ❫

chapter seventeen !
❪ best of us ❫

chapter seventeen !❪ best of us ❫

RICK HAD FINALLY AGREED. the group was going to leave at sundown and riley was feeling nervous about going to the camp.

her, carl and judith were going to abraham's r.v with his group while rick and some others went in a separate car.

the drive wasn't long until they bumped into some walkers. rick's car got stuck and abraham went the other way, getting out of the situation.

they saw a red flare shoot up at the sky and maggie insisted that they should follow it. that was when they met eric. he was aaron's partner and the guy was injured.

when eric went inside the r.v, riley helped out with the broken ankle. he told riley and carl everything about alexandria and she felt confident about this place.

"is the community strong?" riley asked him as she wrapped the bandage around eric's ankle.

he smiled and nodded, "yes but you and your group came make us even stronger."

the r.v came to a stop at an alley way and the group helped eric into a supply room after they cleared it out. riley sat him down and went over to carl, who had judith.

he seemed stressed and worried about his dad and the others that were with him. "he's gonna come back." she gave him a small smile, "he always does."

carl looked up, meeting her eyes. he nodded and handed judith to her since the baby was reaching her small hands out to her.

riley chuckled at judith and grabbed her from carl. after awhile of waiting, the boy and girl seemed to hear whistles from outside.

they both knew who it was.

the group rushed outside and was reunited with the other half of the group. carl ran to his dad with a grin, "dad!"

rick hugged his son tight before pulling away, "your sister okay?"

at the perfect timing, riley walked towards rick with judith in her arms.

the grimes man smiled at the two and pulled riley and his daughter into his embrace. "glad you guys are safe."

"eric? eric?" aaron looked around like a lost puppy. "eric?"

"he's inside," riley responded.

WHEN THE group was asleep, it seemed like riley was the only one who couldn't get rest

she kept tossing and turning until she huffed and gave up.

carl was only a few feet away from her and riley could hear his small snores. the smith girl stared at the ceiling before a voice caught her off guard.

"can't sleep?"

riley turned her around, seeing maggie beside glenn but he was asleep while his wife was sitting up, leaning on a rack of supplies.

"nah," she shook her head and continued to stare at the ceiling. riley frowned at a random thought that came to her mind, "don't you ever wonder what happens when you die?"

maggie looked up and narrowed her eyes. "try to be positive. you don't have to worry about that because you're not going to die."

"what if i die tomorrow?"

"you're not."

"you never know though," riley murmured. "it just... it happens so quickly and unexpected." her voice filled with sadness as she thinks about her mother.

god, does she need her right now.

"i never got to ask you this..." the girl sat up and faced her body towards maggie, "but how was your sister beth like?"

maggie gave her a little smile before it faded and glanced down, "she was too good for this world."

riley noticed how maggie fidgeted with her fingers at the topic of her sister.

"beth was like a ray of sunshine," the woman's voice broke mid sentence.

riley frowned and went by her side. maggie stared at the brunette and before she knew it, she was being pulled into a side hug. maggie sighed and laid her head on riley's shoulder.

"beth was the best of us."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AUTHORS NOTE:

well... look who's back 😛

sorry for leaving y'all for abt 2 months? thats unacceptable.

this was kind of a filler chapter but i needed to write more of riley and maggie cus their my favs!

little women reference?

please vote for the next chapter and DONT BE A GHOST READER <3