𝟬𝟭𝟴, who's afraid of little old me?

chapter eighteen !❪ who's afraid of little old me? ❫

chapter eighteen !
❪ who's afraid of little old me? ❫

RILEY HAD watched the walkers that were on the side of the road

RILEY HAD watched the walkers that were on the side of the road. abraham drove past them, the leafs blowing past their trail. her head was leaned against the window and enjoyed the peaceful car ride.

she was sitting with carl and judith, the brother bouncing the baby on his lap. her eyes grew more tired and before she realized it, riley fell asleep.

it's been awhile since she gotten rest due to her last night conversation with maggie. her sleep fell deep and she dreamed. . .

and dreamed.

riley opened her eyes, standing alone. "hello?" she called out. all around the girl was nothing but bright white.

she wondered if she was in heaven or something. did she die? "anyone there? hello?" riley continued to yell out.

"sweet girl," a voice mumbled from behind her.

riley turned around and squinted before seeing the person who she's been waiting to see since forever. "mom?" she chocked out.

lucille couldn't say another word since her daughter ran to her arms, making her stumble back a little.

"oh, my girl." her mother hugged riley tighter. the brunette felt so safe and relaxed in her mother's arms. she missed her presence dearly.

"i missed you so much," riley mumbled. "why did you do it? why did you leave?" the smith daughter pressured her with questions.

"riley–"

"everything fell apart when you were gone. like dad. i don't know where he went and i'm so scared."

"riley, you–"

"i needed you the most and you just left. . . why? huh?"

"you have to–"

"why did you leave me?!" riley sobbed in her mother's arms.

"riley!" her mother finally snapped. the girl finally looked up with blurry eyes, tears streaming. "you have to wake up."