1. the villain origin story

I swear the chapters get longer 🙏

     "Finally, no more customers..." With a sigh, I wiped off the last table from the lunch rush hour, which left the restaurant feeling desolate.

I walked across the floor to toss the paper towel in the trash. Some music played through the speaker, and I hummed with the tune as I headed behind the counter to clean the kitchen.

I rolled my sleeves up and started the faucet, then used my magic to carry the dirty plates towards the sink.

As I grabbed the sponge, I froze as rustling was heard from the roof vents. It only got louder until the noise stopped right above me.

I lowered the floating plates and leaped out of the way of a ceiling tile as it fell onto the floor.

A purple mop of hair popped out of the hole in the roof, grinning brightly as usual.

"Long time no see!" Chenya beamed.

"My roof," I said with exhasperation, "Now I'll have to fix it for the third time this week."

"Oops," He said, hopping down onto the ground. "But anyways, guess who visited NRC again!"

"Let me take a wild guess," I said, grabbing a toolbox, "It was you?"

"Ding ding!" He did some finger guns.

I sneezed as he pat the dust off of his clothes. "What was the Hearts Lovers up to this time?"

"It's Heartslabyul, (Y/N), get it right! Or is it wrong?"

I smacked his shoulder playfully. "You get the point."

He seated himself onto an empty space on a counter across the sink, kicking his legs. "Not meow-ch happened— Riddle just overblotted or something."

My hands froze before I could grab the dishes, blinking. "....Who did what?"

"He did that!" Chenya grinned as if he didn't just drop the information bomb he did, "The first years apparently fought the overblot off and Riddle had to make them a tart to repay for the e-meow-tional damage!"

"Noted," I nodded, "I should start fining you for my therapy sessions."

"Aww, don't be like that! You love me."

"😐😟"

"....Anyways," He pulled his wand out of his pocket, hovering a clean plate towards him to materialize a tart, "I got you a tart from their party!"

"Stole," I corrected, but eagerly took the plate and shuffled through a drawer for a fork.

"It had a unique flavour," Chenya tapped his chin, averting his gaze in a thoughtful manner.

His 'warning' was a little too late as I took a bite and the flavour of the pacific ocean exploded on my tongue.

"What the FUCK," I choked, quickly putting the plate down to run to the garbage can and spit the concoction out of my mouth.