23. dick chicken and lore

I have 3500 words of crack lined up as an apology for this half-assed chapter 🙏

Chicken Breast has been oddly peaceful as of late. Ruggie and I would switch around for our shifts, with the occasional surprise from Xianniang.

And somehow, that made it boring.

I've never felt bored on Sage Isle before, since I got used to the monotone life of online schooling and working at Chicken Breast. But because of all the chaos with overblots and celebrity drama, I've begun to almost enjoy the adrenaline rushes.

And yet today was just another boring day at Chicken Breast, which I suppose I shouldn't complain about.

"Maybe I should leave for dinner soon," I thought outloud, checking the time. "Maybe some udon, or sushi..."

I stopped daydreaming when the bell on the front door rung. Quickly straightening my posture behind the counter, I realized that the customer was Ruggie.

"Hey," I greeted, allowing myself to relax, "I thought you weren't working today?"

"Yeah, I'm not," He yawned while walking towards the counter. "Leona wants some chicken, so could you fry some up?"

"Make them yourself, lazyass." I teased, but entered the price into the cash register.

"He eats my cooking all the time," He said with a shrug, "So I thought I might as well switch it up for him. Plus, he wanted to know what I make here."

"Damn," I said, then remembered. "Right, he's a prince."

"I can't believe you just forget that," He said, ruffling through his bag to pay. "Anyways, I'm gonna get the..."

Once we were done the transaction, I headed into kitchen to cook for the prince and Ruggie.

As I began to fry the chicken nuggets, I noticed one with an odd shape.

"Damn, this chicken nugget is shaped like a dick," I snickered, poking it with a fork.

I contemplated adding it to the batch, and once I came to the conclusion that a prince wouldn't order chicken nuggets, I threw it in. It was a surprise for Ruggie— and for the vine.

Once all the goods were cooked, I walked out of the kitchen and threw it all into a bag. "That's it?"

"Yep," Ruggie said, "Thanks. Oh and I'll be here to work tomorrow."