20. hey i just met you, and this is crazy

I failed a french quiz before posting this...

     "I'm seeing the light," I said to no one, eyes wide open in a daze as I sat in my living room

"I'm seeing the light," I said to no one, eyes wide open in a daze as I sat in my living room. "These pizza rolls are so good."

The twins and I took a while conversing at the Mostro Lounge, and by the second hour my social battery was dead. Fortunately I was able to receive Azul's personal phone number from Jade before I escaped.

"You prolly shouldn't message him today," Floyd had told me lazily as he stretched his arms above his head. "He's deffo still mad."

"Giving advice to a miserable soul like (Y/N)'s..." Jade had sighed with a shit-eating grin. "How noble of you, Floyd."

"Ay, it'll be a pain to see Azul mope around!"

I was going to punch the twins for their teasing, but was given a box of pizza rolls by Floyd as a peace offering.

So obviously I forgave them.

"Where are those from?" Dad asked, entering the room with a mug of tea.

I froze— I had completely forgotten that I kept the twins and Azul a secret from my parents.

In the Queendom there was a lot of tension between merfolk and humans(despite how we're practically neighbours), and so I was worried that my parents would ban me from seeing them.

Although I knew that they had some sort of suspicion, back then I was able to dodge their questions well enough.

"From a friend at Night Raven," I said as casually as I could. "He's really good at cooking..."

'...when he's in a good mood. Or else his cooking may as well be the equivalent of shit.'

"Sounds amazing hun," He said, "I'm glad you're making more friends."

I beamed, "Mhm! They're chaotic but it's fun!"

We chatted for a while, and eventually got to the topic of his current work.

"I'm working with a buncha other scientists to complete it," Dad said, "The whole world'll know my name when it's done."

I only nodded along, but felt excitement for what the research may be. I've always been intrigued by my father's work.

Eventually he left to his office to work on the 'high-profile' project, and I laid around in the living room basking in the evening sunlight that shined through the blinds.

I stared at the ceiling, wanting something to busy myself with. I still wasn't used to the freedom of not working at Chicken Breast(though I did enjoy the job. Plus...)

Eventually my phone buzzed.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌