16. Les I'm Miserables

"Who even are you?"

     "Who even are you?"

That was the first thing Ruggie said as we headed to the infirmary.

"I'm (Y/N) Shann." I answered. "I'm a resident of Sage Island, and a second year in Sage Online Academics."

He hummed lowly, as if telling me to continue.

"I have some friends in Heartslabyul who invited me to come watch the Spelldrive Tourney."

"I saw ya talking to that Diasomnia guy too."

"Yeah, he's also my friend."

We fell silent for a short moment before I continued the conversation. "Who are you? I only know your first name."

"'M Ruggie Bucchi." He mumbled, and I caught him as he stumbled for a moment before he continued, "Second year."

"That's it?"

"That's it."

I paused. "You have a nice Unique Magic. Very handy."

"Ya know what it is?" He said, raising a brow.

"Well, I can guess." Probably some form of body manipulation.

"Huh. Never had someone compliment my Unique Magic before. Do you have magic?"

"Yeah, I don't use it often though."

"You healed that Heartslabyul's wound."

"That was just a simple spell." I paused, realizing that I didn't notice he saw. Did others see me heal Ace, too? "I couldn't do it with yours since it's too large of a wound. A proper doctor is needed—"

"I know that." Ruggie grumbled, and paused, as if contemplating saying something. "But..."

I raised a brow. "Yes?"

"...Thank you." He said faintly, and I barely caught it over the sound of our footsteps. "For... making Leona laugh."

My eyes widened. If my assumption was right, his wound came from fighting Leona's overblot. And yet he's thanking me for making him laugh?

I wondered what kind of a bond the two have. "You're welcome."

We stayed silent after that, and a sign pointing to the infirmary came into view. We walked towards the door.

"Hello?" I said, knocking on the door. When no one answered, I decided 'fuck it' and entered the room.

The infirmary was empty.

"Seriously?" I muttered, "Here, get on the bed. I'll look and see if the doctor's anywhere."

He hummed, looking somehow relieved as he seated himself on one of the beds.

I searched all over the infirmary's branched rooms and even down the hallway, but there wasn't a soul in sight.

"Shit." I said, scratching the back of my head, "I don't know how to dress wounds."