7. the muppets make me lose my mind

I groaned, dramatically falling to the floor as the last customer of the "after-school/work" rush hour left Chicken Breast

Chicken Breast was never a popular restaurant. People would hear more about 'Mostro Lounge' or 'Eleven the Seven' than my workplace, but it was visited enough that Xianniang never worried about it shutting down, nor about hiring other workers than me. Once, I told that she should hire another worker just in case, but according to her, 'none these bitches loyal'. So my idea was shut down pretty quick.

But apparently, something had occurred in the last week which skyrocketed the number of customers. Too much for one single second year student to handle.

The door's bell dinged, and I despairingly looked over the table.

Someone, no, Chenya whistled as he looked at the tables I have yet to clean. "Chicken Breast's been looking busy lately!"

"It's awful." I grumbled from the floor, turning on my knees to see him over the counter without standing up. I could only see the upper half of his body. "I think a customer posted about Watson online, and now half of Sage Island is coming to see him."

"Oof." He replied intelligently.

"Most of them aren't even buying chicken!" I exclaimed, hitting the counter with the side of my fist. "They beeline to Watson and then complain to me when they get bit! Like bitch, do I look like I can control that murdering machine?!"

Dealing with the to-be Karen's and Kevin's were the worst. Did no one tell them that they're can't 'Snow White' through my verbal warnings? I even drew a warning sign onto Watson's post because of all the complaints, but people still don't listen.

"Where's Watson now?" Chenya asked, taking out his magic pen to move the dishes into the kitchen.

"Outside for a fly. Hence why there's no customers right now." I was considering worshipping Chenya for his rare generosity. "Dude, I'm just tryna do my job. I seriously need a raise."

Chenya sat himself on the counter, and I got a face full of tail. I faced the floor when I sneezed from the furry attack.

A box was placed on my head.

"Here," Chenya grinned, "I made ya lunch. You skipped again, didn't you?"

Carefully I took the box from my head, and saw the purple bento box he always used for his own meals wrapped in a handkerchief.

"Are you sure? Have you eaten?" I asked, looking up. I felt like a puppy being tossed a bone.

"Yes, yes~" He said, waving away my worries as he hopped off the counter. "Just eat. I have to get back to RSA for clubs, so I'll come by soon to collect the bento box."

Emotional from the stress of work and school, I teared up.

"Thank you, Chenya!" I said, waving.

He flashed his big grin one last time before exiting the store.