18. being sane as usual

Tossing and turning in my bed, I let out a frustrated groan into my pillow

Ever since I told the Heartslabyul and Savannaclaw students goodbye, my mind spun from the new discovery that Azul, Jade and Floyd all attend Night Raven College— along with the idea of getting Ruggie hired at Chicken Breast.

First, how was I supposed to talk to the merfolk trio? Just "wassup ya'll, long time no sea 🌊 ✨" them?

Do they even remember me?

I quickly shook that thought out of my head. Of course they do— I better be engraved in their minds with all the bullshit they put me through since the day we met.

Though, I was still upset that Azul called his restaurant a lounge. It's a fucking restaurant.

Calling it a casino would be closer than lounge!

And that leads to the other side of the storm in my mind: Ruggie.
He seemed decently willing to quit his job, and knowing how bad the three mermen were as children, I couldn't blame him. I betted five Madols with myself that they only became worse.

Ruggie is from NRC and Xianniang has trust issues with that school, but he seemed like a nice person. Hard-working enough to have hired.

The only problem was that he's a student— students can rarely leave the school ground without permission from a teacher or headmaster.

'Headmaster...?' I thought.

As I pondered a solution, I turned to my other side on my bed and stared at the blinds.

I remembered the black Porche outside my window, and the dark figure inside. Quickly throwing the sheets away from my body, I gave myself some space.

With a groan, I turned my nightlight on and grabbed my phone.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

(Y/N) SHANN
is typing...

(Y/N) SHANNis typing