30. B

Get it? Cause they're under the C (sea)?

I'm so fucking funny

   I was a thirteenth reason away from closing my window and never walking outside again

"Floyd, what in the everliving fuck are you doing?" I asked.

"Flying?" He answered casually.

Floyd was hanging from his broom with one hand outside of my window. He had a cheeky grin and tried to enter my room by wiggling his toes towards my windowsill. I smacked his feet with a rolled newspaper— I didn't want them in my vicinity whatsoever.

"Seven, wear some shoes!"

"These dogs can't be contained—"

After a fierce whack by the newspaper, Floyd winced and began to lower himself. "Fine, fine! I'm going onto the ground! Jeez..."

Once I checked it was safe I threw the newspaper into the trash. No way in hell I'm touching that again.

"I still need to get ready, so I'll be there in a few minutes!" I called out the window.

"Whaaat?" Floyd whined, "Why do you have to get ready? Let's just go!"

"Bitch, you came twenty minutes early!"

"And?"

"Oh, okay my bad," I rolled my eyes and closed the window.

I threw the necklace with the three gems over my neck, then considered bringing the ruby ring— but decided it was safer to stay in my room. By now dominant hand was back to normal, but the magestone ring would swirl with blot every so often.

I sprinted down the stairs before Floyd would get bored and break the door down.

Dad was working at Sage Hospital today, so I grabbed the keys to the house and threw my shoes on before heading out the door.

"Clownfishy!" Floyd beamed, "Oh, you're wearing the necklace! Good!"

I shrugged while locking the door. "It's survived all these years— I'm actually kinda surprised."

"Of course it lasted, I helped make it." Floyd stated as if it were obvious.

However I didn't trust his ability in art, especially with all the weird shit they'd bring to me as kids.