31. no one likes crowley

On the Wednesday before winter break, Susan decided to invite me to Night Raven College to sell sandwiches again

However this time she wanted to sell them after school, and try out different times and see what works best for everybody.

She talked about how profitable teenagers are as we rode up the hill in the late afternoon, and we gave Sam a greeting before entering the campus.

The setting up was done fairly quickly, and as the final bell rang, people began to trickle into the cafeteria.

I found this time around more favourable since the crowd was a lot more controlled— probably because everyone was tired from their classes. Honestly, I could relate.

I hit some numbers into the till and faced my current customer. "That will be 17.50..." I trailed off and gave the student a closer look. "Oh, hi Jack."

Jack's ear flicked. "...You're the person from the Magift Tournament. (Y/N), right?"

I nodded with a smile. "That's me. How are you doing?"

"Not bad," He said, pulling out his wallet to pay. As we continued to talk, a familiar voice rang through the hall.

"Heya, Jack! Whatcha getting?" Ruggie said, running up and nudging the wolf beastman.

"Just some sandwiches," Jack said, handing me the money. "And if you want to buy something, you should go to the back of the line."

"Cut me some slack here," Ruggie sighed, and faced me. "And I didn't know we sold sandwiches at the school."

I shook my head as I have Jack his change. "I'm just helping Susan out with her business, so technically it's not Chicken Breast that profits from this. Though I do get paid."

He hummed thoughtfully and threw a few sandwiches onto the counter. "I see. Well, I'm getting these."

I raised a brow. "You're not slick, you kno—"

I was interrupted by some students' screams, and I quickly turned my head to face the source. Jack and Ruggie seemed to jump in surprise as well as students began to run out of the cafeteria.

"Get out of this area at once!" A ghost bellowed, shooting magic at the students. "This is going to be the princess's wedding hall! So scram!"

I yelped as a blast of water magic hit the table the sandwiches were placed on, causing them to all fall onto the ground.

Susan clicked her tongue, and began gathering the boxes. "I'll gather our goods! Hon, could you fend them off for a moment?"

"Can do," I said, throwing a glance at my magestone ring. There were only specks of black on it, so I could assume that I had around three spells before it would get completely tainted.

I noticed a beam of fire magic coming towards the cash register, and I threw my hand over the table to counter it with a blast of water.

I felt my hand throb as the fire fizzled away, and Ruggie sent me a glare.