29. farewell's

🍿 *laughs evilly* *thunder in background*

The sky was clear today. Since it was early April, the snow had finally started to melt away into large puddles on the ground. The ocean breeze, however, was still cold and made a shiver run down my spin every so often.

Throughout the winter, I made sure to visit the three mermer friends I made. Sometimes they wouldn't come because they have sckool or something(LAME), but more often than not we'd meet at the same seaside with tide pools. Thankfully, they only tried to drown me two times over the winter. It's an improvement!!

"Guys, look what I found!" I exclaimed, outstretching my gloved hands to show off three gems I found.

"They're rocks," Floyd stated lazily, rolling around in the sandy beach until it covered him like a blanket. I cringed at the thought of sand getting in his scales, but he didn't seem to mind. "Do you really like rocks that much?"

"They're ✨shiny✨ rocks," I argued, and brought my hands back to myself. The gems were purple, yellow and brown, and somehow it reminded me of the trio. But my main interest in them were their shininess.

"We see rocks like those all the time under the ocean," Jade said with a hum, "But are they uncommon on land?"

"Yeah," I said, "We have mud instead."

"The ocean has mud too, though?" Azul said, holding one of his scratched tentacles.

"You do?"

"Think, Clownfishy." Floyd said. "Water plus earth equals mud. We live in water."

I realized he had a point. "...Wrong."

Floyd used his tail to splash water onto my face, which I was able to block with my super speedy reflexes.

"Actually," Azul trailed off in though, then continued, "Could we borrow those rocks, (Y/N)?"

I tilted my head, "Why?"

Azul flushed. "Uhm... I just got an idea..."

"Okay, sure!" I said, and reached out of my dry spot on the beach to place the rocks in his hand.

"I'll bring it back tomorrow," He insisted.

"Azu~l, what are you gonna do?" Floyd asked, leaping out of his sand blanket. "You can't hide it from us, yanno?"

Jade's eyes also sparkled with curiosity, which made Azul back himself further into the ocean.

He seemed to mutter something underwater, but all I could hear was bubbles.

The other two, however, understood perfectly. Floyd immediately burst out into laughter, and Jade held onto his brother's shoulder for support as he tried to hide his snickers.