☆Overworked- Chaggie

Plot: Charlie burns herself out and relies on Vaggie to make things better

~☆~

The hotel was doing surprisingly well. Patrons were checking in almost daily and all the while the employees were doing equally as well. And yet, with all these new patrons piling in it meant that more paperwork was piling up. Usually, Alastor would help with most of it, but lately Charlie has decided to take it upon herself and give her hardest working employee a much-needed two-week vacation, leaving most of the work to herself. Sure, she had Vaggie to help out, but lately she's been dealing with Angel and Husker's behavior. 

Now Charlie was stuck at her office with a pen in her hand and a pounding in her head. The paperwork was stacking up and she was pretty sure she just heard something explode. She sighed and placed her head down on the desk, not wanting to deal with anything else even though the day just started. However, she never gets what she wishes for, as the phone rang and startled her to where she almost jumped out of her seat. 

"Hello?" Charlie said, running a hand through her hair.

"Charlie! We need you down here! Husker threw Angel into a wall, and I can't get him out!" Nifty said, the background sounding like utter chaos.

Charlie pinched the bridge of her nose, "where's Vaggie? I thought she was down there?" 

"She went to help someone with their room or something," Nifty said, proceeding to move something around by the sound of it.

"Okay, I'll be down in a second," Charlie said, hanging up the phone and sitting in the silence for a moment before exiting her office. It was mostly silent in the hallway aside from one demon's room where a conversation seemed to be taking place. It didn't sound like an argument, so Charlie decided to leave it alone, at least until she was stopped in her tracks by the familiar voice of her girlfriend.

"Oh, hey hun, I thought you had a lot of paperwork to do?" Vaggie asked, walking over to her.

"I did, but Nifty called me saying that she needed help downstairs," Charlie replied. Vaggie could hear the exhaustion in her voice, and that was when she realized just how much Charlie had been working and that it was probably time she had a bit of a break. 

Just before Charlie could walk down the stairs, Vaggie gently grabbed her hand to stop her. "Hold on, hun, maybe you should let me handle it. You sound tired."

"No, I'm alright. I just need to help Nifty and then I can get back to work," She tried, but Vaggie wasn't having any of it.

"Nope, not this time. Let's go to the room, Nifty can manage for a minute or two," Vaggie said, dragging Charlie off before she could protest any further. Besides, Charlie really didn't want to get back to work anyway.

Vaggie brings Charlie to their shared room, telling Charlie to get changed into some comfier clothes while she goes downstairs for a moment. Charlie didn't protest and instead did what she was told, changing into some pajamas and letting her hair down out of the tight ponytail she previously had it in before sitting on her bed. 

It didn't take too long for Vaggie to return, and she seemed to be in a decent mood, leading Charlie to believe that things had went well downstairs. She had a tray in her hand with two cups on it along with a small basket full of what seemed to be chocolate chip cookies. Charlie smiled at her and patted the spot on the bed next to her, motioning for Vaggie to have a seat. 

Once Vaggie was seated on the bed, she placed the tray down in front of them and pulled Charlie's head down to lay on her shoulder. "Now, time to relax. I brought you some tea and cookies if you feel up to it," Vaggie said as she picked up the TV remote, "Want to watch something?"

Charlie relaxed into Vaggie, "that would be nice." They sat in silence for a while after that, watching their favorite show together and relaxing in each other's company. Charlie never fully realized how much she needed this break, nor how much she just needed some time alone with Vaggie. It was nice being pampered and loved; her paperwork just made her forget that.

"Hey Vaggie, what exactly made you do all of this for me?" Charlie asked, taking another sip of her tea.

Vaggie chuckled and kissed the top of Charlie's forehead, "do I need a reason for pampering my girlfriend?"

"No, but this was very sudden," Charlie added.

"Yeah, I know," Vaggie started, "You've just been working so hard, and I can see the toll it's taken on you. I don't want you getting sick or hurting yourself because you're under so much stress and have no time to take care of yourself." She cupped Charlie's cheek and gave her a small kiss on the lips, "If you won't take care of yourself, I will."

Charlie smiled and kissed Vaggie back before relaxing against her once again, "thanks hun."

And that's how they stayed for the rest of the day, ignoring the calls and letting the rest of the employee's figure things out. Right now, what mattered most to Vaggie was taking care of Charlie, and that's exactly what Vaggie was going to do.