☆Dads Are The Best- Octavia & Stolas

Plot: Octavia wakes up sick, sending Stolas into overprotective Dad mode to help her get better

Requested By: acethenonbinary01

~☆~

Octavia groans as she opens her eyes. Her limbs felt achy and her head was pounding. She sniffled and sat up, running a hand through her hair. She was never more thankful that she kept her room dark, the light would most definitely hurt her head more than it already was.

Still, there was no time to lounge around and complain, she had to get ready for her weekend with Stella. She gets out of bed and gets dressed for the day, though she did end up taking three breaks while doing so in order to lay down so she didn't feel like he world was spinning. Eventually, she made it out to the kitchen, where Stolas was seen on the phone.

When he saw her, he placed a hand over the phone and smiled, "good morning, Via."

"Morning, Dad," Octavia replied. Her voice wasn't raspy, but she definitely sounded congested.Stolas noticed this immediately, but decided to not draw attention to it until he was off the phone.

The conversion with Stella ended rather quickly, and he turned his attention to his daughter, who was pouring herself a bowl of cereal.

"I have some exciting news, Via. Your mother has decided to have you stay here for the weekend instead of going to her place," he said, knowing how much Octavia didn't particularly like going to her mother's. All she would talk about is how much she hated Stolas and then ignore her for the rest of the weekend.

"That's great, Dad," Octavia replied, rubbing her eyes a bit as she hesitantly shoveled another spoonful of cereal into her mouth. Her stomach was beginning to reject the food, and one more spoonful could possibly spell trouble for the young owl.

Stolas took note of her strange behavior again, this time deciding to point it out. "Are you alright, Via? Did I do something wrong?"

Octavia immediate put her spoon down and made eye contact with her father. "No, you didn't do anything, Dad. I'm just...not feeling the greatest is all." Stolas's face instantly turned into one of worry, placing the back of his hand against his daughters forehead. She gently pushed his hand off of her head and glared at him. "I'm fine, don't get all weird or whatever."

"As your father it's my job to worry about you. Now back to bed, young lady, I'll bring you some medicine as soon as I take care of the plant," Stolas said, using his stern father voice and ushering Octavia out of the kitchen as soon as she finished eating.

Groggily, she made her way back up to her room and changed back into her pajamas before collapsing onto her bed. Being horizontal was ten times better than being vertical at that moment, and relieved some of the tension from her head and limbs.

Stolas kept his word, and shortly after knocked on her door before walking in, carrying a small tray of medicine and water for his daughter. She sat up a bit as Stolas set the tray on her nightstand, handing the glass of water and a couple pills to her. She took them without complaints and watched as Stolas covered her with the blanket like he did when she was a child, chuckling slightly as his antics.

The overprotective owl smiled and looked at her, "well then, you must be extremely sick if you're laughing at me for no reason."

She sniffled a bit and brushed the hair from her face, "sorry, it's just that you haven't changed a bit since I was a kid. Still doing the same things for me after all these years."

Stolas chuckled as well and sat on the bed, "of course, you're my daughter after all. It's my duty as your father to care for you whenever anything is out of the ordinary."

"More like you're just way too overprotective of me."

"Always have been and always will be." He paused for a moment as Octavia lied back down, getting as comfortable as she could. Moments later, a small imp walked in the room, carrying a bowl with a cool rag in it. Stolas carefully took the rag before thanking the imp and sending them away. He gently placed the cool piece of cloth against Octavia's forehead, watching as her face relaxed a tiny bit more.

He stood from the bed and made sure Octavia was comfortable and completely covered with the blanket before heading towards the door, only to be stopped my Octavia's congested voice.

"Dad?"

He turned around, slightly worried that something else was wrong but managed to keep his composure. "Yes?"

"Thanks for uh...y'know," she said, trailing off at the end.

He walked over to her, gently placing a kiss atop her head, "you're welcome, Via. Rest now, and let me know if you need anything."

She smiled back at him, and just before Stolas fully exited her room he heard her voice once more. "I love you, Dad."

He smiled to himself as he made sure the room was nice and dark, and just before shutting her door replied, "I love you too, Via."