☆Board Games- Mammon x NB Reader

Plot: You and Mammon play board games to pass the time during a power outage

Requested By: VictoriaKinderknecht

~☆~

You groan in annoyance as the living room was plunged into darkness. You were right in the middle of your favorite show and all of a sudden, the power just so happened to go out. Apparently, Mammon was experiencing the same annoyance considering he walked down the stairs quickly and looked at you.

"What the hell happened?" He asked.

"Why are you asking me? It's not like I would know," you replied.

He chuckled and walked over to you, sitting next to you on the couch. "Well, someone's feisty today. But seriously, what's going on?"

"Power outage, I guess," you reply, leaning your head against him. "And I don't know what to do now."

He thought for a moment before shrugging his shoulders, "I got nothin'."

You sigh, just sitting in the darkness with Mammon before you suddenly got an idea. You quickly jumped off of the couch and ran into the other room.

Where are they going? Mammon thought. I swear, this better not be anything stupid.

Soon enough, you rush back into the room with a lantern and some small boxes in hand. Mammon raises an eyebrow as he looks at you rush in and out of the room. You set up a small space on the floor for you and Mammon to sit. You scattered blankets and pillows around a small table you grabbed and placed the boxes of various board games onto the table.

"Board games? Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's not like we have anything else to do," you respond, heaving into the kitchen to grab some snacks and a couple drinks for the two of you. Mammon followed quickly.

"I mean, we could fu-"

"Finish that sentence and you'll be sleeping alone tonight. We are having wholesome time now," you said, crossing your arms as you watch him frown. You giggle a bit and grab all the things you wanted before walking back into the living room and sitting down onto the pillows. You motioned for Mammon to sit across from you. He rolled his eyes but did it anyway.

You grabbed the first game you saw, smirking when you read it. "Uno?" You asked. He groaned.

"You just wanted to see me suffer, didn't you?" He asked as he glared at you.

You laughed, "c'mon, you can't blame me for wanting to have a little fun. You beat me at all the other games!"

He smiled a little and relaxed, "Whatever you say. Just shuffle the cards and let's get this over with."

You smirked and pulled the cards out of the box, shuffling them quickly as Mammon munched on some of the snacks you brought. On the outside he looked upset, but you knew he was smiling internally. While he did hate losing, and normally he would go off on anyone else that beat him at anything, he found your reaction for winning at anything to be adorable. 

He took the cards that you passed to him and sighed. "Let's get this over with."

~☆~

You ended up winning several rounds of Uno before moving on to the next game, and then started a consistent losing streak with every other game. You didn't mind, though; seeing Mammon happy was all that really mattered to you.

Eventually, the last game was pulled from the stack: Battleship. It was a game you both enjoyed as well as one that Mammon was really good at. You had no idea why, but he just was. It's not like he wasn't good at the rest of them, you still couldn't beat him, but you had never even come close to winning at this one like you do the other ones. Turns went by back and forth, and in the end gave the same result for you, utter failure.

Mammon laughs and relishes in his victory, meanwhile you just smile and hold your hand out for a high five. 

"Good job, babe!" You say.

He smiles and finishes the high five, ruffling your hair as well. "You'll get it next time."

Your eyes light up, "really?"

"No." You both laugh, as you lightly punch him in the arm. 

"Prick." Just as you said that the lights flickered and turned on. "Took them long enough."

Mammon laughs and stands up, lifting you into his arms. "So, ready for some unwholesome time like you promised me?"

"I didn't promise you a damn thing, now help me pick this shit up."

"Nah, we'll pick it up later," he said, beginning to carry you upstairs after he gently kisses your forehead.

You groan and lean your head against his chest, "you owe me a win now."

He chuckled and pecked your lips, "nope."