𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚

Dear Bianca

I'm leaving, I can't spend here one minute more. And when I say here I mean this world, I feel that I lost a part of who I am that will never come back. And I can't handle that.

I'm sorry for you and all what you went through, I'm deeply sorry but I can't stay here and keep living in a nightmare anymore, the pain is unbearable.

Please take care of yourself, don't look for me, don't call me, I'm not going to answer or tell you where I am. And not because I don't love you, but because you are the person I love the most. I want you to focus on the movie to release it next year and win that Oscar, like you dreamed your whole life.

I will always be there, even if you can't see me.

With love
Selene

Six months later I still read that letter a couple times. I don't know where she is, I don't know what she is doing, I don't know how she is feeling or if she is okay. I don't even know if she is alive.

I want to say that I don't care, that I'm in another chapter of my life and that she is is completely out of my mind, but it's a lie, the biggest lie I could ever tell.

I don't know if I'm mad or if what she did was the right thing but I still can't believe that after what happened she just left me there.

After another car crashed against us I don't remember anything else except waking up with my brother in the room.

It was a couple of weeks later when I opened my eyes, I had to go through several surgeries for my head. But the only thing I could think about when I woke up was Selene.

My whole body hurt when I tried to get up, but my brother was fast enough to lay me down again. It was not the person I expected to be there for me, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

He told me that Selene was alive but not the baby anymore. I could see how sadness covered her face when he said it. He really wanted that baby with his whole heart.

But at the same time he looked at me with relief in his face, and saying something I could never forget: "I'm glad I didn't lost the both of you there" and he gently hugged me.

After that he showed me the letter that Selene left for me. She didn't need any surgery or anything, she had to stay some days at the hospital to check that everything was okay. But she didn't really had anything serious apart from losing the baby. The impact was heavy.

I'm not completely recovered, but I'm almost there. I'm working out now with an specialist and I'm going to therapy too.

I also stopped smoking after the accident, i don't even think about them anymore.

And I came back to work, now we are editing the movie, which is not really my job my I'm always around to check. It's pretty chill and I have all the time I want for Ivy.

When I found out that Ivy was in foster care because her parents were not taking care of her anymore I decided to do whatever was in my hands to take care of her, but if course that was before the accident and before Selene left.

I was already in the process of becoming her foster mom before I can adopt her when I had the accident. But she was the reason to help me get better and recover as fast and good as I could.

She absolutely loves to come to the buildings with me, I showed her what I do and how we do it. She's fascinated by the cameras and she's asking me all the time about the princess in the movie, she says that if there's no princess in, it's not a good movie.

I created a safe space for her in my office, I hired a personal teacher just for her so she can learn and be entertained for a couple of hours while I check how's the editing doing. And after that we go home to spend time together and my family.

Since I got Ivy with me my mom and my brother are always around, she have help me a lot and we are better than we have ever been. She always wanted to be a grandma a she's awesome with kids, and it also helps me a lot to have them by my side while going through so much right now.

Selene's parents are here often, helping with Ivy. But they don't talk about Selene and the times I asked them to get some information they never gave me a proper answer, so I gave up. having them around for her it's really helpful and she needs them.

Apart from that, I just feel empty. I never knew you could love someone so much at the point that not having her near will not let you breathe properly. I miss everything about her, her hand, her eyes, the way she used to touch me, the shape of her lips, her brown hair or her girly pink clothes she took with her before I could even realize she was gone.

The only thing left I had at my house was her essence where she used to place her perfume, but when the weeks passed it disappeared and I was just left with the memories that felt like a weird dream or the pictures at our room that I can't even get in now.

At least I still have the movie we shoot so I know she was real... right?

THE END