༻ 2

"Where the hell is my credit card?" Jisung muttered under his breath as he checked his wallet for the nth time. "I swear it was here..."

He didn't understand how he lost just a card and not his whole wallet. It didn't make sense.

Jeno peeped his head into the room, reminding Jisung of how they needed to leave soon.
"Yeah, yeah. Do you know where I put my credit card?" he sighed, turning to the man.
"Nope," Jeno shook his head. "It's fine, I'll buy you lunch."

Checking the time, Jisung realized if he kept looking any longer he would be so screwed so he just agreed to Jeno's proposal, stuffing his credit card empty wallet in his pocket.

As they rode their van to work with Chenle being louder than he should at eight in the morning, Jisung wondered where he could've put his credit card.

The last place he used it was to...buy something in the cafeteria.

Fuck

Of course his love of all things food made him lose his card.

As soon as the car pulled into the parking lot of the company, he thanked the driver, grabbed his bag and leapt out of the car. He couldn't believe he left it in such a public place like that. The smell of the delicious barbecue invaded his senses too much.

"Hi," he smiled unsurely at the familiar cafeteria lady, acting like he hadn't just been sprinting. "I was wondering if anyone found a credit card here somewhere?"
"A credit card?" her eyes widened. "Oh dear, did you lose yours?"
Tucking the side of his hair as a habit, he nodded.
"Well I'm sorry but there's been nothing."

Already expecting that answer, Jisung thanked her anyways and tried to look for the card he lost.

"Now where was I sitting..." he muttered under his breath, trying to remember what his steps were from the day before. He eyed the chatty cafeteria, really hoping no one was sitting at his old table.

He didn't realize he was in the most inconvenient spot because his mind was too deep in thought until a faint, 'excuse me' was heard.

"Oh- I'm sorry," Jisung stumbled over his words in shock as he looked down at a smaller girl. He knew who she was- one of the members for the new debut group. Her name was Aster as he remembered and quickly moved out of the way for her to pass by.

He didn't really know much about the members of Afterglow, except Ciela of course. Even then, he barely knew of her but was rather just a mutual friend.

Resuming back to his previous activity but standing in a way better spot, Jisung suddenly lay eyes on a familiar table. The one that he was at. Luckily, no one was sitting at it so he rushed his long legs to reach it before anyone else.

He scrummaged through the napkins, lifting condiments up but still failing to find what was lost. He didn't want to give up though as he really needed it. Losing a credit card was a dangerous situation, especially for him.

"Jisung? What are you doing here," a voice caused him to turn around, meeting eyes with Hana, Renjuns girlfriend.
"I'm trying to find my card. I lost it here somewhere," he explained, kneeling down to the height of the table and crawling on the floor.
"How the hell did you- okay whatever. But aren't you supposed to be at practice?"

He whipped his head up, hitting his forehead against the edge of the table as he clasped it in pain. "Ow," he grumbled. "What time is it?"
"Eight thirty-six."

I'm so screwed

"Oh shit," Jisung carefully moved under and past the dangerous wooden furniture as he ran off, asking Hana to tell him if she ever found his card.