༻ 14

tappin out
in my head i see bright lights
riding in
i think im feeling it now just like you did
taking hits for you
cause i wanna feel like im supposed to
i could disappear
if this is what makes me feel so real

"Again," Minju started the music over again as the girls panted, desperate for a break. The concert was coming soon and there wasn't anymore time to goof around.

As the first beat dropped, Aruna began to move, her body reacting slowly, almost as if it were resisting her commands. Her arms felt heavy, her legs like jelly, and her timing was off. She watched her reflection in the mirrored walls, her once fluid movements now reduced to a clumsy display.

That was how she had been dancing for the past three hours. Like her body wasn't under her control.

Beside her, Ciela effortlessly executed each step, her body a testament to years of dedication. Then there was Eliana, moving her arms with an elegance that seemed otherworldly. And Aster, whose precision was impeccable. Aruna felt like an imposter among them, a dancer who had lost her way.

With every mistake, self-doubt crept in like a shadow, threatening to consume her. She wiped the cold sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand, her heart sinking as she watched herself falter. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was letting her team down.

As the song reached its crescendo, Aruna's movements grew more frantic, desperation driving her to push harder. Her legs wobbled beneath her, and she stumbled, nearly falling to the floor. She caught herself just in time, but the embarrassment was palpable. Her teammates exchanged glances, concern etched on their faces.

They continued without saying anything though and she was greatful.

The music finally ended and she was a tired mess. Aruna immediately dropped to the ground, legs falling weak as she balanced herself on her arms.

"Let's take a break Minju. It's getting too overwhelming," Eliana said, pointing at her members. Ciela had her hands on her knees as she took in deep breaths while Aster was gulping her bottle of water down like it was going to run away.

Minju agreed that it was time for lunch anyways and left them to eat whatever. That's what made her so amazing. She remembered how Sungchan was forced to dance until the instructor was okay with his progress even when it was hours past the eating period.

"Meet back in fifty."

And they left.

Aruna wanted to cool her sweaty self down before leaving the room and possibly facing other idols and trainees she knew.

She walked over to the studio's corner, where a small window allowed a glimpse of the outside world. The gentle breeze brushed against her flushed cheeks, providing a welcome reprieve from the heat of her exertion. Her water bottle was nearly empty, and she took a few sips to quench her thirst.

But as seconds turned into minutes, Aruna's body began to betray her. She felt a wave of dizziness wash over her, and her stomach twisted into knots. Her eyes grew heavy and her legs began to go numb.

"I should eat something," she mumbled to herself, her voice weak. Yet, she couldn't tear herself away from the allure of the dance studio where it was safe from the judgement.

The hunger pangs intensified, gnawing at her insides, but she stubbornly resisted.

A sudden wave of nausea washed over her, and she stumbled as she tried to get up. Her vision blurred, and she knew that she had pushed her body too far. The studio's mirrors reflected her pale face, a stark contrast to the vibrant, confident dancer she usually saw.