༻ 32

*CHAPTER WAS DELETED*

SUMMARY: ciela got jisung for secret santa so aruna asks jisung what music he listens to (through text cuz hes at jingle ball fest in america) and they share the same interest in oasis and the 1975 so they bond !! aruna and aster just talk about how aruna accidentally joined dreamies weverse live and just laugh at her embarrassment

Luckily it was a filler chap so I'm not too mad but I hope this never happens again...

Aruna was looking for Jisung.

Ciela wanted her to ask him what he wanted as she was his secret Santa. She sort of knew Jisung and Arunas friendship was blooming when she asked her, not trying to make it suspicious.

The only problem was, he was nowhere to be seen.

The usual spot he occupied, alone in the corner of the cafeteria with his headphones on, his neck craning down to watch the show on his phone, was empty. Aruna had already checked the cafeteria three times, and there was no sign of him.

It was odd. Really odd.

Determined, Aruna extended her search to the hallways, weaving through trainees rushing to their next practice.

Minutes turned into moments, and she found herself growing increasingly anxious. Eventually, she gave up, feeling a sense of urgency, and dashed towards the open elevator.

Someone was already inside it. A girl she couldn't put a name on but was recognizable. That's when it clicked.

"Haeun?" Aruna questioned, turning to the girl.
Haeun nodded, her eyes widening because one of her biases was talking to her. "Yeah, that's me."
"Hi, I'm Aruna. I met your sister before," she explained.

Haeun's eyes sparkled with curiosity and recognition. "Oh, right. I'm the photographer for Aespa."

Aruna couldn't help but recall the ongoing Minjeong and Haeun rumours circulating among SM staff.

"I was wondering if you knew what the dream schedule is like today?" Aruna asked hopefully. The look of disappointment crossed her face when Haeun shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know," she spoke sadly. "I think they might be performing, though. Hwa was talking about how she was going to miss Haechan earlier if that helps."

Before Aruna could respond, the elevator stopped again, and Minjeong entered.

"Oh, Aruna," she looked surprised. Minjeong glanced at Haeun, who gave her a small smile.
"Do you know where Jisung is?" Aruna asked, feeling no shame anymore. She was just desperate at this point.

"Jingle Ball," Minjeong answered.
"Jingle what?"
"It's a festival in America."

No wonder Aruna hadn't seen him. He was in a whole other continent.

"Oh, right, yeah," she chuckled awkwardly, looking up as the elevator doors opened on the designated floor. "Yeah- I just needed to like give him something but I'll wait 'til they come back which is..."

"Next week," Minjeong informed her.
Aruna nodded slowly. "Right...right. Well, see you guys later." She left the elevator, not noticing the subtle confused glance the two shared as she walked to her room before realizing she got off the wrong floor.

It would be too mortifying to go back inside the elevator so she took the stairs instead. There was only one question circulating her brain as she took a stroll to her room.

What was she going to do about Jisung?

Opening the door, Aruna found Ciela sitting on the couch, a curious expression on her face. "Hey, Aruna. Did you find Jisung? I need to know what he wants for our Secret Santa exchange soon."

Aruna cringed, realizing that Ciela was eagerly awaiting for information she couldn't provide. "No luck. He's is at the Jingle Ball tour in America, and he won't be back until next week."

Ciela's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, I had no idea he was away," she sighed. "What are we going to do about the Secret Santa exchange?"

The girls didn't know him well enough to understand his likes and dislikes. Aruna did end up watching Starstruck though, and frankly, it didn't really help her. All she could take from it was that Jisung couldn't talk to strangers and he sucked at basketball.

"Maybe an album of an artist he likes? I'm not really sure," she suggested. "Do you know what he listens to?"
"I actually don't know..." Ciela sighed. "Maybe you could ask him? If you asked him what gift to get it would be way too obvious."

Aruna agreed before pausing. "Wait- how do you-"
"It's so obvious you guys are friends Runa. Don't deny it."

She chuckled nervously, realizing that her attempts to keep her friendship with Jisung under wraps weren't fooling anyone, especially not Ciela.

"I mean, I guess we're friends," she admitted for the first time out loud. Even when Aira had asked her whether she'd spoken to Jisung before, Aruna didn't want to publicize their friendship. It felt private, something only the two of them shared.

Ciela smiled, not teasingly, but in a genuine way. "I'm happy for you Runa."

I'm happy for me too

jisung

heyyy :)
just wondering if i could ask you something?
it's not important so don't freak out
wait- that might scare you even more i'm sorry 😭
oh gosh i'm rambling again
10:25

oh hi aruna