༻ 44

oh, darling, all of the city lights
never shine as bright as your eyes

"Oh my gosh, I rambled again," Aruna panicked, momentarily forgetting about her throbbing head when she paced around the room before a wave of pain hit her, causing her to clutch her desk. "Kill me now."

"Well I can't or else Bitna would kill me," Aster retorted from the door, waiting for the girl to get over her humiliation stage of a hangover. "And she will also kill you if we're late. We have to go now."

Once woken up with a dreadful alarm, she looked through all her call logs and messages,  not even shocked to see her drunkenly talking to Jisung. She did see Jaemins name in the recent calls but couldn't remember what they talked about. It was when she was in the worst stage, barely speaking words.

Aruna sighed softly, tucking in her front strands and preparing herself mentally to face Jisung.

She promised him to not avoid one another and she wanted to stick to her word, even if it was made during a horrible state.

Besides, she didn't think it was too bad considering the messages were just her jumbled up thoughts finally written down instead of being kept hidden. At least she didn't end up confessing her undying love to him or anything. Aruna would really end herself then.

Thinking the more positive root, she nodded her head with a small smile rising to her lips.

Jisung not complaining about her once during her endless talks was very sweet of him, knowing others would get frustrated for not understanding her and give up. She liked how patient he was. And even with the nervous exterior, he never failed to play along.

She just hoped he kept his promise to tell her whenever he got annoyed of her and he didn't say anything because he wasn't.

"Let's go," Aruna said to Aster, grabbing her jacket and getting ready for her day. Even with so much liquor still in her body, she didn't feel the worst.

Her body could stand alcohol surprisingly well.

The ride to the dorm was still horrible though, her mind trying to focus on anything other than the speed at which the car was going at that made her mind woozy.

She attempted to distract herself, taking a sip of water and leaning against the window with closed eyes. However, the attempt backfired when the car hit a rock, causing a sudden jolt that made her wince in pain.

Aruna met Cielas eyes who looked so dead she couldn't help but laugh. "You good?" she asked with a faint chuckle, kicking her leg.

"Y-yeah," Ciela shuddered, not having the courage to talk more, afraid of what acids might come out of her throat.

Deciding to leave Ciela to her thoughts, Aruna opted to avoid checking her phone, the mere idea of it making her feel more nauseated. Instead, she focused on the scenery passing by outside the window, occasionally exchanging amused glances with Aster, who was rocking sunglasses in the dim light of the morning.

Upon reaching the practice building, Eliana stepped in to assist Ciela, guiding her towards singing lessons. Aster, still sporting shades to shield her eyes from the harsh light and hiding her deep eye bags, wasted no time and headed straight to the cafeteria, fueled by the need for some much-needed energy.

Aruna took a different route and went to the washroom, hoping to calm her sweatiness down.

Her hands were definitely damp and she needed to do something about the pit in her stomach. When she woke up and found out they had no more Advil, her body cursed her for not thinking beforehand.