༻ 43

we're such a mess together
you make me lose my temper

"Can you move the camera closer- no! Now I can't see them dimwit."
"Your fault for dorming with Eli."
"I can hear you, you know that right?"
"Oops..."

Jisung shifted more comfortably to the side as his eyes were shut tightly, sleepiness keeping his attention at bay over the loud noise.

He could hear three different girls voices, none of Arunas, and just figured that it was the sound of a movie they played.

Feeling a soft weight of adjustment on his head, Jisung's eyes shot open immediately. His eyes widened so much that he feared they might pop out of their sockets.

But that wasn't what he was worried about.

He was sleeping on Arunas shoulder. And she happened to have her head on top of his.

"Oh, shit..." Aster whispered, her eyes widening as she hung up the phone immediately. Attempting to play it off nonchalantly, she began whistling and casually strolled over to the fridge, as if nothing unusual had just occurred in the room.

It didn't do much when Jisung internally panicked on how to get out, realizing he had fallen asleep for who knew how long. The room seemed to close in on him as he carefully assessed the situation, resorting to panicking instead.

"Oh- hey Jisung," Aster chuckled robotically, eating a green grape. "I didn't know you were here!"
"Uh..." he couldn't dare to speak, afraid the vibrations of his voice would wake Aruna, who had her head on his, up.

He looked down at his hands, realizing how his pinkie was was lightly in top of hers, the rest of his hand on the tiny blanket they shared. Jisung knew he must've took most of it for himself as her legs were practically bare.

"What time is it..?" he whispered to Aster who watched them with a sly smile.
"Three in the morning," she answered, popping another grape in her mouth before putting the bowl away. "You going back?"

Jisung didn't know what to say. He knew he had to because of how soon the Seoul Music Awards were happening and there was no way to skip out on practice, but how would he leave without waking up Aruna?

Aster sighed, acknowledging the inevitability of his departure. "Look, if you really wanna leave, she's not a light sleeper, so I'll hold onto her head, and then you can escape," she offered, walking over behind them.
"Uh- okay."

He waited patiently until the weight on his head was lifted, and he finally raised his own, rolling it back in a stretching motion. "...Thanks, and sorry for uh- overstaying," he apologized to Aster, avoiding her eyes as he gathered his minimal belongings.

He suppressed a smile when looking at the brownie cookie they forgot to eat even if it was the sole reason they hung out.

"No problem, Jisung, any time," Aster assured him, slowly lowering Aruna's still-sleeping head onto the couch again. "I think you really helped bring her out of her shell."

He paused, genuinely surprised. "Me...? How- I don't think so."

"Oh, c'mon, don't be humble," Aster scoffed. "She was a shy wreck before meeting you...the fact that you guys are even friends is crazy because you're also so shy. Runa must like you a lot to try and keep up with you."

He couldn't find a way to stop his face from heating up, convinced that Aster must've been exaggerating.

Aruna must like me a lot?
What does that even mean
Stop overthinking it Jisung