༻ 28

leave the scent of your cologne

Jisungs face was on fire.

He walked briskly through the chilly evening air, his hands tucked deep into his pockets to ward off the biting cold.

He had just dropped Aruna off to her apartment when it sunk in how bold he was. He was afraid he was coming off too strong.

When he told his members he was going to buy snacks, he didn't expect to see Aruna on a bench, alone. The lack of reply in their messages should've been a sign to stop trying to become friends and instead leave her alone, but his feet still led him to her.

Shoving his face into his hands, Jisung cringed at his little scarf trick. He didn't mean to get so close but her hands were shivering cold and he didn't want her to get sick. So, he took initiative in wrapping it around her.

The consequences of being such a good man was hard.

He sighed, shaking his head to not worry over it too much.

Jisung was glad that they were becoming close though. His members had been telling him that he needed to branch out more, find people he would be comfortable with outside of the group.

He had Hwayoung, but Haechan was always by her side and he didn't want it to become awkward with the three. The reason they even confessed was because Haechan got a bit jealous over Jisung and her. It was a whole other story.

Chungha was single so it wouldn't cause any complications but she was quite too loud for him to handle. He could feel his energy draining every time she opened her mouth up to say something unrelated to the topic, opening up a million new arguments between the group.

And though Aruna was friends with Jaemin, Jisung liked to think their friendship was self made. Yes they had a mutual connection, but all the conversations alone was a hard job for them both and they still continued to try their best.

He saw the effort she put into finding something to talk about though it usually ended in short and blunt answers, and he would attempt to add on to the best he could.

It was just how they worked and he was okay with that.

Jisung forgot about his original task of buying snacks he had to do and instead went back to the dorms. He would be too cold to stay out much longer with the lack of scarf warmth, but he didn't mind. 

Aruna didn't mind the scent that lingered on the scarf. 

She was in the elevator when the smell of cologne hit. It wasn't too strong nor too soft, just perfect enough. 

Her face subconsciously dug itself closer to the radiating heat of the fabric, lips suppressing a smile at the interaction she just faced. Jisung was being very sweet to her, she wasn't sure what to think of it.

Acts of service wasn't something Aruna was used to. She was usually the one to do things for her members whether it be running an errand for them or packing lunch when it would be a busy day. It was odd to be the one to receive it.

Odd but strangely nice.

"I was about to call the police on you," Aster sighed in relief at the sight of Aruna entering their dorm. She had her hair in a small bun from the lack of hair on her head with a clay mask almost cracking at her smile lines.

"Oh, sorry," Aruna apologized, shoving the scarf down as she took her shoes off. "My phone was dead."
Aster shrugged. "It's fine. Just tell me how your dinner went."