༻ 46

she toes the line between them
he says he's new at this
there's holy ground beneath them
and sparks fly when they kiss

Aruna patted the sweat on her face with a blotting sheet, her body tired from rehearsals.

Because they only arrived in Thailand the day before , rehearsals happened the morning of the official show. It was a demanding schedule, but they pressed on, knowing the importance of perfecting their performance.

She glanced at her phone that was discarded on the vanity table, not having the will to check it and see more hate on her page. It was best just to ignore everything when it got rough.

"Why does it have to be like that though? Just one simple change and it'll be good," Aster directed to Ciela, bringing Arunas attention back on the group meeting they were having.
Ciela sighed. "That's how it's always been. Why should it change?"

Aster pointed to her soft sweater material, expressing concern about potential wardrobe malfunctions. "Our outfits are different now. My bracelet's going to get stuck on my sweater," she explained, gesturing to the delicate accessory that could easily catch on the fabric.

After a brief moment of contemplation, Ciela nodded, signalling her approval for the adjustments. 

Aruna glanced at the stylists, pleased to see her outfit looked like something she could actually dance in. There were experiences in the past where she felt so uncomfortable in her clothes it was like wearing a piece of cloth. Things seemed to be going good.

"I'm going to get some food," she announced the the group who hummed in reply, Aster asking her to get bread for the performance. Aruna promised to, feet finding her way through the bustling backstage.

There was staff everywhere. She was surprised to see some familiar faces including idols and workers. Smiling politely to those who passed her, Arunas eyes momentarily dropping to the ground when she saw Hanbin.

"Oh- hey Aruna," Hanbin greeted her, Yujin trailing behind. "Congratulations."
Aruna furrowed her eyebrows, momentarily puzzled before realization dawned. "Oh...the MC thing. Thank you. Did you get to talk to Sohee yet?"

Hanbin nodded, a genuine smile on his face. "Yeah. We already had a special stage once actually, so we're friends."

It made sense though as Sohee was a nice guy. "That's cool," she said.
"Yeah," he replied.

As the conversation subsided, Aruna noticed Yujin, who seemed to be standing somewhat shyly behind Hanbin, avoiding eye contact.

"Yujin?" she inquired, drawing his attention.
His eyes widened, surprised by the recognition. "Yeah..."
"I remember my members watching Boys Planet and voting for you two actually. I liked your kick it cover...that was cool."

Before the conversation could end awkwardly, Hanbin excused the two, explaining they had to go film some content. However, as they started to walk away, Hanbin slowed his pace and turned back towards Aruna.

"Oh, by the way," he said, his voice softer. Yujin walked ahead, not noticing they stopped. "I... that time we did the TikTok challenge with Ricky. I'm sorry about that. I think I was just really exhausted, so I wanted to get it over with. I hope you didn't think we hated you or something."

Hanbin seemed genuine with his apology Aruna thought was unnecessary. She understood that everyone had their off days, so with a small, understanding smile, she shrugged it off.

"We all have those moments, it's fine," she reassured him, tilting her head slightly. She glanced at the oblivious Yujin walking ahead of them. "But you better go before Yujin realizes you left him wandering alone backstage."