༻ 57

and at every table, i'll save you a seat, lover

Aruna played with the colourful strands of his hair, finding the brightness so awe-striking. He was like a human traffic cone.

"When I told you to dye your hair bright orange I didn't mean literally," she chuckled, twirling it around her finger.
"Yeah...but at least it's not permanent," Jisung scrunched his nose.

For someone who preferred blending into the background, standing out was an uncomfortable feeling. The neon orange made it hard not to be noticed so easily and Aruna could tell it made him a bit tense.

Jisung explained how he didn't have a choice in what to dye it but instead followed the companies instructions so it suited the teaser images they were going to shoot in a few days.

"You know," Aruna remarked, an amused look in her eye, "I think you're starting a trend. Neon orange might become the new 'it' colour."

"Great, just what I always wanted," Jisung groaned, burying his face in his hands.
"Oh come on. It's not that bad."

"It is," he retorted.
"Not."
"Is too."

Aruna knew there was no way to convince Jisung that he should be proud of the new look when he was so adamant on it being an embarrassingly bright colour. It was different from usual but suited him either way.

He could go bald and Aruna would probably think he was the handsomest man alive.

She gently patted his head before pushing away his hands to reveal his eyes. "Well, I think you look beautiful even if you don't. You can't convince me otherwise, okay?"
"Okay..." Jisung mumbled, feeling a warm flush creeping up his ears. "I guess it's not too bad."

When it came to her, he always seemed to agree with her words.

"Good," she grinned. "Now, for my haul."

Aruna went on a crazy shopping spree and she was excited to show off her cute new fits with Jisung. She let him sit on her bed while she sat on the carpeted ground and organized the clothing.

There was too much she bought to try on every piece so she decided to showcase them by holding each piece up.

"How do you like this," she brought out a navy blue off the shoulder top and held it above her torso, letting the hovering image be an example for if she actually wore it.
Jisung nodded excitedly in response, prompting Aruna to explain in detail what type of bottoms she could possibly pair it with.

The cycle went on for a while until she realized he was agreeing that everything was nice, making her suspicion rise if he actually meant it or was just being kind.

"Jisung," she paused, placing a beige sweater on her lap. He replied with a hum and she continued. "Are you lying?"
"What? Why would I lie?"

"Because you're a considerate guy who would spare my feelings," Aruna looked up at him narrowed eyes. "And don't get me wrong, I like you for that, but not when I'm doing a fashion show for you."

"I'm telling you the truth. I just think you look...pretty in everything," he rubbed the side of his neck as Aruna stifled a laugh from the way his ears turned bright red.

He was always so shy with compliments that when he did utter such sweet words she had to sink it in. But it wasn't a bad thing. She knew how much effort it took Jisung to be so transparent with his thoughts but it made her feel even more special when he did.

"Well, thank you Ji," she moved from her position on the ground and plopped on the bed right next to him. "I think you look pretty in everything too- like this hair colour."