She's Real!

(Miles' POV)

I ran into class the next day. I saw Y/N sitting in her usual seat.

"Y/N! Y/N! SHE'S REAL! REAL, I TELL YOU!"

I sat down in my seat and looked at her. She just gave me a confused look back.

"Huh? Who? Ohhh, you mean Spider-Woman? I just made her up..." She let out a small laugh.

"Wh- But I actually saw her! She was there, in my dorm!" I watched as she grew more amused.

"Seems like someone has a spider-crush!" She kept laughing.

I glared at her and grabbed out my notebook.

"Fine. I'll just show you what I saw!" I quickly began sketching the girl that was at my dorm. If Y/N won't believe me, how would Spider-Woman come out of hiding? If she doesn't believe me, then who will?

I finished the sketch and showed Y/N. I saw her eyes widen and her cheeks turn a little red.

"Wow.. that's.. that's... that's really good! You got the suit right and everything.." She mumbled the last part, so I couldn't quite hear her.

"You said what? Can you repeat that?" I pulled the sketchbook away from her.

"Ah, nothing. The art is really good, but I've never seen her." She backed away and went back to her usual expression.

I took in a sharp inhale. I slammed my notebook shut.

"Like you said, Y/N, believe what you want. I saw her with my own two eyes. She even touched me!" I tried defending my case, but she kept brushing it off.

"You can't use my own words against me." She let out a small laugh. "Besides, how do I know if you aren't lying, hm?" She leaned in close to my face.

I leaned back a little. I felt my face get a little hot. I averted my gaze from hers, "Why would I lie about a thing like that? Me lying is me saying I'm Spider-Man."

I watched her smirk and mumble something. What's with the mumbling? God.

The more I looked at her, though, the more aggravated I got, and I don't know why. She just made me so angry. She's like every other stuck-up rich person in this school.

I glared at her and looked away.

But if she makes me so angry, why am I still talking to her?

My thoughts were quickly cut off by her voice.

"Oh, Miles. It's okay to be upset. We all have imaginary friends, don't be embarrassed!" She laughed again, which made my fists clench up in anger.

Why was she doing this? She's doing this on purpose, I swear.

She somehow noticed my anger rising, so she lowered her tone and spoke again, "Well, if you are telling the truth, try to get a picture with her, 'kay?"

I nodded and paid attention to the teacher. I took notes, but I couldn't stop thinking about the mystery spider-woman. I need to find out who she is.

(Y/N POV)

I knew that I was being a little mean toward Miles, but I feel like he deserves it. His cocky behavior and his big ego as Spider-Man made me feel upset toward him.

But then again, that's Spider-Man, not Miles. They're both very different people. Miles is sweet.. and kind, and he'll put things into perspective.. but spider-man? Stuck up, rude, cocky, and frankly, just weird.

Is this what Miles' true self is? I wouldn't be able to imagine him like that. Sure, him wearing the suit I could, but Miles as Miles, I couldn't.

And I know I made him mad, I could obviously tell. But what did he do to me? Nothing. He doesn't know that I'm Spider-Woman. He never wronged me... so why am I being so mean?