The Proof is There.

It was Wednesday morning when Miles ran into AP Physics class waving his phone in the air while screaming my name.

"Y/N, I GOT A PICTURE!"

Is every morning going to start like this?

Miles sat down at his desk - which was seated next to mine - and pulled up the picture that Himself and Spider-Woman had taken.

"Oh wow, and here I thought she was fake. Good job, Miles," I congratulated him while patting him on the back. "Though, where exactly did you take this picture? It looks like you're on top of a building. And why is your body cropped out? Were you wearing something embarrassing?" I kept questioning Miles as he leaned back and stuffed his phone back in his pocket.

"Okay, no more questions, please. It was just an odd place, and no, I wasn't wearing anything embarrassing... I just didn't want you to see my shirt, that's all." He crossed his arms.

I let out a small giggle while listening to him lie. As I laughed, I watched his expression soften a little. "So does this mean you believe me? I mean, the proof is there."

I placed my hand on my chin and looked upward - as if I were thinking really hard. "I don't know.. you could've edited her in. I need solid proof. Bring me a souvenir, yeah?" I then moved my hand down from my chin.

"A souvenir? Seriously? What part of her could I bring back to you?" He sat up and un-crossed his arms. He gave me a confused looked while speaking, "Y/N, are you saying that you want a piece of her body? That's a little gross, don't you think?" He leaned back and made a disgusted face.

"Oh God, no! I mean, like, make her give you something of hers! Not whatever you were thinking..." I playfully hit his shoulder.

He let out a low chuckle while fixing his posture in his seat. "So you want a thing that's personal to her? How would you know it's hers?" He leaned his head on his hand and rested there.

"Eh, well, maybe video proof. I don't know. But I promise, if you get me that souvenir, then I might believe you," I then let out a small laugh.

He smiled and gave me a thumbs-up. The bell rang, and class started.

But from the corner of my eye, I couldn't help but see Miles staring at me from time to time. It was a little weird. My intention wasn't to get him to have a crush on me. He likes gwanda, so I'm out of the picture.

The more I think about, though, the more I couldn't stop. He had these beautiful eyes... and his hair was adorable. And when he ran his fingers through his hair, it was sort of hot.

No, I'm not focusing on Miles. Sure, he's handsome. But he does not apply to me, and I do not apply to him.

I shook my thoughts off and tried my best to listen to the lecture. It was only Wednesday, so there were two more days left to go.

A folded up paper slid over onto my desk. It read,

"She called you stupid."

I glanced at Miles, who was looking toward the front of the class. I quickly wrote back and slid it over to him.

"Oh, really? Why's that?"

I smirked a little. Knowing that I called myself dumb because I 'didn't know' that Miles was spider-man. He slid the paper back to me.

"I just brought you up.. and she called you dumb! For literally no reason!"

I looked over to Miles, and he gave me a big, toothy smile. I laughed and shook my head. I wrote and slid it back.

"Wow, she sounds so mean :*("

Seconds later, the paper returned.

"It's okay, Y/N! I'll make her apologize.."

That sounds a little menacing.

I crumpled the paper and shoved it in my bag. I looked over to Miles and gave him a little smile.

-

I arrived home. Dad wasn't there, as usual. I decided that I wanted to talk to Miles earlier than before.

I went to my room and put on my suit. I threw on my mask and jumped out of the window.

Spiderman was doing his usual patrols, so I thought that I would just wait. When I saw him enter the subway, though, I got a little suspicious and followed him.

I wasn't too far behind him, but I wasn't close enough to make his spider senses go off.

He eventually walked into a room with walls covered in art. It was really beautiful. He sat down in the middle and took off his mask.

"This place is very beautiful," I spoke up. He immediately turned around and saw me.

"Oh, it's just you. You scared the hell out of me," He sighed, and he turned forward.

"Wow, that's sounds a little mean." I webbed next to him and sat down. "So why are you here?" I leaned in toward Miles. He leaned back.

"None of your concern. Why did you follow me here?" He crossed his arms.

"I wanted to talk to you!" I smiled under my mask and held a thumbs-up.

"Okay. Oh, hey, do you have anything of yours that you could give me?" He sat up straight and un-crossed his arms. "It's for nothing weird, I promise. It's for my friend, Y/N."

"Yeah, I have something I could give you... uhh, let me look." He slowly pulled out his phone and hit the record button. I rolled down my sleeve and pulled out my arm.

I took off my synthetic web shooter and handed it to him, quickly slipping my arm back into my suit. He then clicked off the video.

"You owe me a new web shooter," I let out a small laugh.

"Why your web shooter?" He carefully examined the homemade device. "Why not your mask?" He asked while looking up to me.

"Seriously? My mask? Maybe another time." I winked at him and stood up.

"Well, this is better than nothing, I guess." He carefully put the webshooter in his pocket.

"Anyways, I have to split," I stood up and webbed toward the ceiling. "Oh, and tell Y/N I said hi." I webbed out of the room. It was kind of difficult only using one hand, but I managed.

I soon made it home. I landed in my room, changed, and plopped onto bed.

I started thinking about if I would ever reveal myself to Miles. He was so eager to prove to me that Spiderwoman was real. I really loved the dedication.

Was Spiderman as bad as I thought? I feel like if I get to know him better, my feelings toward him might change.

Maybe my feelings toward Miles might change as well.

But whatever, I'll deal with it tomorrow at school.

~~~

Who will fall for who first 😱

(Hint: it's someone in this story 😉😉)

Wc: 1180