Tell You This.

(Edit: a whole chunk of the story got deleted somehow but I restored it so PLEASE forgive me)

"So, tell me, what did Miles do?" Rio said. She was patting my back while I ate food.

"Well, our old friend, Gwanda, came back into town and... he said some things that just don't sit right with me." I sighed and finished the rest of my food.

"Oh, Hija, what did he say? Was it toward you or toward someone else?"

I stood up straight and walked away, Rio trailing behind me. I walked to a private area of the rooftop.

"Well, basically, Gwanda believes in alternative universe's, you know? And she was like, "In every other universe, Gwanda Stacy falls for a guy." I hesitated before speaking. I tried my best not to let their secret identities out. "And then she was like, "and in every other universe, things don't end well."

Rio grabbed my hand. "And what did my son say to this in return?"

I looked at her and frowned. Thinking about it made me want to cry. "He said... he said, "Well, there's a first time for everything, right?" I mean, how crazy is that. I was literally right there, too." I clenched my fists and looked at the ground.

"Oh no... Y/N, how are you holding up?" Rio pulled me into a hug.

"I... I don't know.. it's like... what does he even see in her?" I pulled away from the hug and looked over to the two laughing and eating food.

"Ugh, I know. She looks old enough to vote." Rio said. Jeff then walked over to us, gossiping on the two.

"She doesn't even speak spanish!" I said. I listened to Rio Scoff. She quickly grabbed my hand and led me to the place where they were.

They were dangerously close, so I'm SO thankful Rio popped in at the perfect time.

"Helloooo!" The two quickly separated from each other. Jeff and I closely followed behind Rio. "
Hi. I'm Miles' mom."

"Oh boy.." Miles mumbled. He moved next to Gwen, not noticing that I was also there.

"Rio! Hi! I've heard so much about you!" Gwen smiled sweetly. I slightly gasped as I saw Rio's reaction.

"Huh. You're using my first name. Okay!" Jeff handed her the jacket that Gwen left on Miles' bed. "This is nice. We found it in Miles' room, so... I guess you must've been there. Huh?"

Gwen turned toward Jeff, smiling at him, too. "And you must be Jeff!"

He laughed. "She called me Jeff. Heh, seriously. Jeff. You must mean Lieutenant Morales! Soon to be Captian Morales."

Gwen did a salute to him in a mocking way. "Ah! Captain."

Before things could get any worse, Miles spoke up. "Gwanda and I are friends from school!"

"Yeah, yeah. We were just catching up." She laughed a little, smiling awkwardly.

"Ahh, don't take him from me!" Rio leaned in and examined Gwen's face.

"Mom!" Miles gestured to me.

Rio let out a small laugh. "I'm just kidding. He's grounded, so you can't. Plus, he's dating this wonderful girl right here!" She grabbed my shoulders and moved me in front of her. "Isn't that right, Miles? Don't break her heart." She leaned in and looked very seriously at Miles.

"Mom!" Miles screamed. He scooted away from Gwen. Suddenly, her watch and mine started lighting up.

"Shoot. Shoot, I have to go." She tried covering the watch with her sweater.