End.

Earth - 1218, 2026

☆~☆~☆~

(Hope you guys like this 😭😭)

I walked into my apartment, holding some groceries and other bags.

I went over to the counter and sighed.

I wasn't necessarily living a happy life.

My name is Y/N L/N, and I am 18 years old. I was bitten by a radioactive spider at the age of 10 and for the last... I don't even remember, I've been the one and only spiderwoman.

In this dimension, of course.

When I landed here 3 years ago, I was looked at like a crazy person. None of my friends existed – they only existed in movies, comics, and books.

You can imagine the surprise when I tried to swing around the city. It was much, much, harder than in my dimension.

My watch – which was a gift from Hobie – had self destructed one minute after I had arrived here.

And I've been stuck in this place ever since.

Glitching now and then isn't great, but I've learned to get used to it.

Now, as you can imagine, I have retired from being Spider-Woman since things like that don't exist here.

I had to enroll in a normal high school, which was not Visions Academy.

I had to get a normal job, which was not my translating job back in 1610.

And I had to get a normal apartment since my house that I lived in never existed here.

Would I be lying if I said that I missed my home? Absolutely not.

I miss Miles, I miss my friends, I miss my dad.

They all probably think I'm dead. I mean, I've been missing for about 3 years.

-

As I'm putting away my groceries, I feel my phone start to buzz in my pocket.

The phone call was from an unknown number – which is most likely a scammer. But hey, my day was pretty boring, so let's mess with them.

"Hello? Who is this?" I say in a strange accent.

(Does anyone else do this when getting scam calls, or is it just me 💀)

"Hey, uhm, we're looking for a Y/N L/N?" Okay, so maybe I shouldn't mess with them.

I cleared my throat and put my regular voice back on. "Hi, yes, this is she. How can I help you?"

"Yeah, hi, uhm, so it says here that you signed up for a lab rat position in our program? Is that correct?" She spoke very sweetly and slowly.

"Oh, yeah, I did. Is it for the new watch you guys are inventing? The... uh... dimensional travel one?" I quiered. I heard a hum of approval from the other line.

"Yes. Would you like to come in today at say... 4 pm?" I heard some typing coming from her side, along with a pen writing on a paper.

"Yeah! Okay, well, I'll see you then?" I shuffled back and forth on my feet. This meant that I was finally able to go home... hopefully.

"Mhm. Okay, thank you, Ms. L/N. Bye-bye." And with that, the phone call ended.

I've been searching for a way to get back ever since. As so when I saw a flyer advertising a new high-tech watch that they were developing for dimensional travel, I couldn't pass up on that.