A little more

When I walked home by myself on Monday, I felt like something was wrong.

Miles had miraculously gotten sick, and I was called out of school early.

There was no reason as to why, but the teacher let me go anyway.

Once I arrived at my front door, I was surprised to find that it was open and unlocked?

Was my dad home? No, he texted me last night that he wouldn't be available until January - and it was October.

I cautiously reached into my bag, pulling out a canister of pepper spray. I also slipped on my web shooter, just to de-arm this criminal if they had a weapon.

I slipped through the front door, pepper spray in hand. I quietly walked through the living room. No sign of anyone.

I walked down my hallway, slowly peeking in every room to see if someone was there.

Once I made it to my room, I ran in and slammed the door shut. Whoever broke in didn't take anything and left the house perfectly.

"Hello, you must be Y/N!"

I quickly looked around the room, trying to find where the voice came from. A tap on my shoulder made me turn around, wielding my pepper spray in the air.

"Ah, no, please, don't spray me!" Two hands covered the face. I quickly shot down my hands and looked at the man.

"Who are you, and why the fuck are you in my house?" I stepped back and placed my bag on the floor.

"Ah, I'm glad you asked! I was sent here by Miguel to accompany you on your mission! I'm Pavitr Prabhakar." He rushed forward and gave me a big hug. "I'm from Mumbattan!!!"

I quickly hugged back. Sure, he broke into my house and scared the hell out of me, but I know he meant no harm.

"I'm sure you already know my name... anyway, what's the mission?" I pulled away from the hug and walked toward my closet, pulling out the floor revealing a secret compartment.

"Oh, well, Miguel said that we have to go to Earth - 42. He sounded really mad about it. Even though he didn't show it, I'm just really good at reading people. Like you, for example, you're scared. When I mentioned Earth-42, your body tensed up for a second." I slowly looked back at Pavitr, who was rambling on and on about signs.

"Uhm, yeah, well, I guess I am scared." I stood up with my suit in hand. "My last experience there wasn't the best."

Pav turned around, letting me change into my suit. "Oh, yeah, Miguel told me all about it. About how you got beat up in an alley-way to the point of un-recognition."

"What? That never happened." He turned around and gave me a confused look.

"What do you mean?" I slipped on my watch. "What happened to you? Who hurt you..."

I sighed and placed my hand on Pav's shoulder. "Listen, I'll explain on the way there, but you can't tell anyone."

He nodded as I opened the portal to Earth-42. If Miguel knew what happened to me last time, then why do I have to go back?

-
EARTH-42, 2:30 PM, CLOUDY

Pavitr and I both landed steadily on a rooftop.

"Oh, wow. This place sucks," he blurted out. I couldn't help but let out a little chuckle before pulling up my list I had recently documented before.

"Miguel said 30, right? I only have 12..." I slowly looked back at Pav.

"Oh, bummer. We have a lot of work to do." And with that bring said, we both began to swing throughout the city, making sure to document EVERYTHING that was different from my own Brooklyn.