Inter-Dimensional Travel

It had been about two months since I came out as Brooklyns new spider-woman.

A lot has happened in the span of two months, so let me catch you up.

Miles had created his own baby powder - which backfired. Badly.

Jeff helped Miles put up a mural of his deceased uncle, Aaron.

He also grew a web-statch. I thought it was cute, but people beg to differ.

And recently... this man had offered me a position in an elite spider-society. I don't know where he came from, but I think I'll take it.

In the letter, it very strictly informed me not to tell Miles about this. But why not?

After Miles is asleep, I'm going to meet this mysterious man who pre-scheduled a meeting before I even accepted my position.

-

I walked into my bedroom, holding a tray of snacks in my hands.

"Well, Miles, you better be ready for this marathon," I walked toward the bed and placed the snacks on my nightstand. I sat next to Miles on the bed and grabbed the remote, clicking on the TV.

"You must mistake me for a coward, then, because I can totally tolerate scary movies." I watched as he stood up straight and put his hands on his hips like he was super-man or something.

"Yeah, that's what you said last time. But you were screaming and digging your face in my blankets." I playfully punched his shoulder while giggling.

He rolled his eyes and scooched back on the bed, resting his back on the wall. I grabbed a bowl of popcorn and scooted back next to him.

He moved his arm to rest over my shoulder while grabbing a handful of popcorn.

"Miles, don't eat the whole bowl! I haven't even started the first movie!" I slapped his hand away from the popcorn bowl. He was already reaching for seconds.

"Sorry, sorry. It's just really good..." He placed his hand down and rested it on my thigh. I clicked start on the movie, then allowing Miles to finally eat the popcorn.

-

About 3 movies later, Miles had peacefully fell asleep. I slipped out from under his arm and laid him down. I shut off the TV and quietly cleaned up all the trash. I threw a quick glance at my alarm clock.

2:37 AM

The meeting was at 3 AM, which is odd on why it was so early, but maybe it was different timezones or something.

I quickly changed into my suit, only to stop and examine Miles' sleeping state.

He was so cute. He looked so peaceful and undisturbed when he was asleep. He breathing was clean, and even, and his chest rose smoothly up and down.

Wait, why am I watching him sleep? That's a little weeeiirrdd..

I gently moved Miles to lay down on the bed, covering him with my blanket.

Hopefully, he isn't too hot.

I walked into my living room and grabbed a gift I had recently bought. I decided that it would be nice for me to give this guy a gift as a thank-you-for-inviting-me.

The clock soon hit 3 AM, and before I knew it, a big portal appeared under me, sucking me through.

"AAAAAHHHH WHAT THE HELL!!!!" I screamed while I flew through a bright tunnel covered in rings.

Once I reached the end, I landed in a large room full of gadgets and machinery.

"Ouch - where am I?" I slowly got up and looked around. I then noticed a platform slowly coming down from the ceiling. And I mean very slowly.