Go For It!

Miles and I swung up the stairs, changing as fast as we could into regular clothes. Once we both reached the top, Miles grabbed the two cakes sitting at the bottom of the stairwell with his web.

"Okay, you ready?"

I watched as Miles took a deep breath in. He nodded and opened the door.

"Hey Miles, hey, Y/N!" One said.

"There you guys are. Ya'll keeping yalls head up at that school?" Said another.

We continued walking and greeting people.

"Hey! Your parents have been looking for you guys!" One of his relatives said.

"Haha, I don't know why. We've just been here the whole time." He laughed before placing the cakes on a table.

"¡Oye!" Rio said behind us, causing us both to jump.

"You both were supposed to be here at 5!" She harshly glared while crossing her arms.

"I know, I know, I know, but -" Rio abruptly cut him off.

"You're disrespecting your dad!"

"Yep. Mhm."

"Missed his beautiful toast!"

Miles frowned. "Come on! Did you even see the cakes? There's some heartfelt messages on them!"

When we both opened the lid to the cakes, the words were all messed up. All it said now was, "IM NOT PROUD."

We both grimaced before I spoke up. "That... not what we meant."

"Your dad studied for 8 months -"

"9! It was like giving birth!"

"No, it wasn't."

"Of course not."

Rio and Jeff both followed Miles and I as we tried to get away.

"You made us sit in that office to talk to that lady without you!"

Miles groaned and turned around to his mom. "Gah! It was an emergency!" He turned around and continued walking. Jeff then piped in.

"What? A graffiti emergency? A party with some friends I've never met emergency?!"

"Explain yourself." Rio said.

"Sounds like you're explaining it pretty well.." Miles mumbled. Unfortunately for him, they heard him

"Hah. That's funny. Jeff! We have a funny son."

"I'm not laughing."

Then, one of Miles' aunts came up to us.

"Hola!" She gave all four of us a big hug. She turned toward Miles and smiled so widely. "¡Mira qué grande estás!" She said while pinching his cheeks.

(Look how big you are!)

"I don't feel grown up." He said.

"Wow, this is a cool shirt!" She then grabbed the top of his jersey and pulled it down, slightly revealing his Spider-Suit.

"OKAY! Okay, okay." He pulled her hands away from his shirt. "You know, have you checked out the food?" She pointed her away.

(I'm not quite sure what he said. The captions are kind of butt.)

He grabbed my hand and quickened his pace, hoping to make it to the door.

"Ah, Miles, slow down a little!" I said.

"¡Oye!" God, can this woman teleport?? "Who are you running around with, anyway?" She glared intensely at the both of us.

"Just-"