Mike the leader

"Stop being a baby and do it already!" Mike and the group were looking through the trash to try and find Dart. "This is so disgusting. Is this really necessary?" Max was standing next to Mic as they were looking in the trash. "What the hell's going on?" Max asked confused as to why the four of them were looking in the trash. "We're looking for Dart." Mic said. "Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up." Lucas gave Max a death glare. "After I drew the short straw. Real convenient." "Hi, Max." Dustin had a hint of glimmer in his eye.

"Hi." She furrowed her eyebrows still standing next to Mic looking at the group. "Where's Will." Mic's eyes darted between her friends waiting for someone to answer. "He'll be here." Mike bumped her shoulder trying to cheer her up a bit. Mic had a small smile on his face as he did that. "Are you just gonna stand there? Or are you gonna help?" Lucas asked it's obvious who he was talking to still having a death glare at Max. They didn't find Dart. So they went into school heading to Mr. Clarke's class.

"All living things, from complex mammals to single-celled organisms instinctively respond to danger...." Mic blocked Mr. Clarke's voice from her head looking over at Will's empty chair wondering, hoping that he's ok. Class was over. Mike headed over to Lucas, Dustin, Mic, and Max at a fast pace. "We need to talk, AV room. Right now." He said taking Mic's arm and dragging her to the AV room everyone else following behind them. When they go there Mic pushed Mikes hand if her wrist. "Let go off me asshole." They all walked through the door but as Max started walking through Mike turned to look at her.

"Party members only." "Come on, Mike." Mic rolled her eyes standing up for her friend. Mike turned to her. "No! This is non-negotiable." Mic let out a heavy sigh before slowly heading to the door. "Sorry, Max." Mic's head hanged down she tried to let Max be involved with things but Mike's a stubborn asshole. "Hey." Max touched her shoulder making Mic look at her. "It's ok, I get it." Mic gave her a kind smile before shutting the door and locking it. "Will, didn't want me to tell anyone, but on Halloween night he saw a sort of shadow in the sky. Mike looked at them. Mic bit her nails a thing she does when her anxiety is high.

"What kind of shadow." Lucas asked. "I don't know. But it scared him. And if Will really has true sight... I mean, if he can really see into the Upside Down, maybe he saw that shadow again yesterday." Mike informed them concern in his voice. "So that's why he was frozen like that?" Dustin said confusion written all over his face. "Can it hurt him?" Mic asked concerned. She love Will like a brother and was really scared something bad was going to happen to him. Mike tried talking in a reassuring way to calm down Mic's anxiety. "I'm not sure. Dustin?"

"Well, if you're in another plane, you can't interact with the material plane, so theoretically, no, the shadow can't hurt him." Mic sighed in relief. Knowing her friend was going to be ok. "Yeah, if that's even what's happening." Lucas told them. "This isn't D&D. This is real life." He also said darting his eyes between the three of them. "So what to we do?" Mic asked leaning her hands against the table. "We require more knowledge." Mike replied. "I'll go to Will's after school. See what's going on. You guys stay here and find Dart." As much as Mic hates to say it. Mike makes a pretty good leader. Especially when something happens with one of his friends.

"Dart? What's he got to do with this?" Lucas asked confusion in his face. "Will heard him in the Upside Down. I don't know how yet, but he's gotta be connected to all of this. He's gotta be. If we find Dart, maybe we can solve this thing. Maybe we can help Will." Mike replied reassurance in his voice looking between the three of them. Mic walked out of the AV room everyone following behind her. She opened the door expecting Max to be there but she wasn't. Mic felt really bad all Max wants are friends. And they just keep excluding her from things.

Authors note: Mike being nice whattttttt who would've thought

Authors note:
Mike being nice whattttttt who would've thought. Y'all I'm so so close to being done writing season 2 and then I can move on to season 3 which is going to be fun but also sad at the same time. I might post tomorrow idk. I've written the entirety of season 2 except for the snowball scene so I probably will. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter and I will see you all soon❤️