The reunion

The group was walking on the train tracks trying to find where the creatures went.  "You're positive that was dart?" Lucas asks Dustin. "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt. He was tiny two days ago." Dustin replied. "Well, he's molted three times already." Mic turned her head back to look at them. "Malted?" Steve turned his head to look at Mic's. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Dustin said. Walking next to Lucas and Max. "When is he gonna molt again?" "It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it." Mic turned herself so now she walking backwards. "And so will his friends." She added turning back around.

"Yeah and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve was oblivious to the fact the Lucas didn't know. "Dart are a cat?" Lucas asked looking at Dustin. "No, what? No." Dustin out his arms up in defense. "What are you taking about? He ate Mews." Steve was still confused. "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked. "It's Dustin's cat." Mic had a smirk on her face. Karma for lying to her. "I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas yelled angrily. "No! No. No, I.... No, I.... He missed me. He wanted to come home." "Bullshit!" "I didn't know he was a Demogorgon!" Mic blocked out their stupid conversation at this point waking a little bit ahead of the group when she heard the roar of the Demogorgon.

"Guys!" Mic shouted which made Dustin and Lucas stop arguing. They heard the screeching as well. Mic stood next to her brother as she walked toward the sound. "No, no, no. Hey, guys. Why are you heading towards the sound?" She heard Max protest as the continued walking. "I don't see him" Mic's eyes got wide. "It's the lab." She turned to look at Lucas and Dustin. "They were going back home." She continued. They walked down to the lab as they got there they heard voices then they saw Johnathan and Nancy. "Steve!" They both said at the same time.

"Nancy? Johnathan?" Steve replied wondering what they're doing here. "We're looking for Mike and Will." Nancy spoke breaking the silence that surrounded them. "They're not in there are they?" Mic asked Nancy. "We're not sure." She makes sure to say it in a calm way to not freak out Mic anymore than she already is. They were all waiting around as Johnathan tried to get the gate open. "Let me try." Mic faintly heard Dustin say. As she was sitting on the ground knees up against her chest, Zoning out. All of a sudden they heard a horn honking. Mic stood up as she saw Hoopers police car pull up. She had a huge smile on her face.

"Come on! Get in!" He yelled to everyone. Mic ran to the car sitting in the passenger seat. "Hey kid." Hopper told her as he stepped on the gas. "Hi Hop." She replied back. They got to the Byers house and walked through the front door. Mic sat on the couch next to Steve. Who had his bat laying across his lap. "Sam owens. Dr. Sam owens. I don't know how many people are left. I don't know how many people are alive! I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper! Yes the number I gave you. Yes." Hopper slammed the phone back on the receiver. "They didn't believe you did they?" Mic had disappointment written all over her face.

"Will see." He replied. "We'll see?!" Mike was offended by what Hopper just said. "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" He exclaimed getting right in Hoppers face. "We stay here, and we wait for help." He stated slowly backing away from Mike. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike tried lighting up the room. Mic just found out that Bob Newby sacrificed his life to save everyone else. Although she never met the guy personally she would come into the store he worked at occasionally to get her Walkman fixed when she dropped it. "Really?" Lucas replied.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment . Pretty awesome right?" "We can't let him die in vain." Mike stated standing up to look at the party. "What do you want to do, Mike? Hop's right on this." Mic was frustrated with him and his bipolar ass. "We can't stop those demo-dogs on our own." Dustin stated which made the group look at him with confusion. "Demo-dogs?" Lucas questioned. "Demogorgon dogs. Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words.." Dustin said back. "I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe... but there's an army now." Mike stated. "Precisely. His army." Dustin had an idea forming in his mind.

"What do you mean?" "His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too. The shadow monster. It got Will that day on the field. The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him. And so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels? To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything." Dustin said that all in one go. Mic was standing up at this point pacing the room. "Whoa. Slow down. Slow down." Hopper told Dustin as he was getting more confused. "Okay, so, the shadow monster's inside everything. And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will. And so does Dart." "Like Mr. Clarke taught us." Mic moved from her spot in the house and stood next to her brother.

"The hive mind." Lucas stated. "Hive Mind?" "A collective consciousness. It's like a super organism. And this is the thing that controls everything. It's the brain. Like the Mind Flayer." Dustin told everyone who was huddled around a table at this point. "The what?" Max asked confused. "The Mind Flayer. What the hell is that?" Hopper asked the kids. "It's a monster from an unknown dimension. It's so ancient that it doesn't even know it's true home." Mic made eye contact with Hopper to see if he understood anything that she just said. "Okay, it enslaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains using its highly- developed psiconic power." Dustin tried explaining it.

"My explanation was better." Mic mumbled under her breath. Oh, my god, none of this is real. This is a kids game." Hopper was frustrated. "No, it's a manual. And it's not for kids. And unless you know something that we don't, this is the best metaphor... Analogy. Dustin stated being completely serious. "Analogy. That's what you're worried about? Hop had a lot of sass in his voice. Okay, so this mind flamer thing..." Hopper stated trying to understand what Dustin was saying. "Mind Flayer." Dustin corrected him. "What does it want?" He asked. "To conquer us, basically. It believes it's the master race. Dustins eyes darted around the room making sure everyone was understanding everything.

"Like the Germans?" Steve said, full confidence in his voice. Mic pinched the bridge of her nose. "The Nazis Steve." "Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Nazis." If the Nazis were from another dimension, totally. Uh, it views other races, like us, as inferior to itself. It wants to spread, take over other dimensions. We are talking about the destruction of our world as we know it." Dustin had a bit of worry in his voice. "That's great. That's great. That's really great. Jesus!" Steve ran his hands through his hair. Mic put her hand on his shoulder a hint for him to calm down and so he did just that.

 Mic put her hand on his shoulder a hint for him to calm down and so he did just that

Authors note:
IM BACK!!!! I'm so happy. Thank u guys so much for waiting I know it's been a while but I'm a lot less busy then I was. I just really needed a break. But Mic is back!!! It's Spooky Season now. I hope u guys are prepared. Shits about to get real. (We are so close to seeing Matt again. Little bit of a longer chapter just because I've been MIA. Hope u enjoyed and I will see u all next Friday
-Mari ❤️❤️