𝟒. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Aarush

I silently made my way to my room learning the fact that the Parekh family has said Yes. I felt my heart clench, with accelerated heartbeats. Because this isn't the thing I want. I'm feeling trapped in a situation. Why would she say yes, when I asked her to say no ? Oh yeah ! Her father might have taken the decision on her behalf. I felt as God isn't showing any mercy on me. Like, things are slipping out of my hand.

I went to my kids' cot and looked at them. Priyansh was asleep and my baby girl was staring her surroundings. I picked her up in my arms and got settled on bed. She smiled and continued making her soft baby voices.

"Do you think your papa is doing right ? By not marrying any girl ?"

"Aapko aisa toh nahi lagta ki papa selfish hoke aapko mumma ka pyaar nahi dila rahe hai ?"

[ Do you feel that I'm depriving you of mother's love ?]

"But mai aapki mumma se bohot pyaar karta hu"

[But I love your mother a lot]

"Agar kisi aur se shadi karunga toh mai cheater lagunga na ? Aisa nahi lagega ki mai aapki mumma se pyaar hi nahi karta tha ? Ye baat koi nahi samajta ! Abhi sab bol rahe hai shadi karlo shadi karlo, fir shadi ho jayegi toh bolenge ki ye apni biwi se pyaar hi nhi karta tha issi liye itne jaldhi dusri shadi karli !"

[And if I'll marry someone else so I'll be tagged as a cheater no ? It would seem like I never loved your mother ? No one considers this thing ! Everyone are just like marry marry marry ! And if I remarried, then they'll say I never loved my wife, that's why I remarried.]

I went to balcony with her in my arms. "Wo dekho, jo sabse bright chamak rahe hai na wo star aapki mumma hai ! Mumma is always with you, with us" I pointed towards the brightest shining star.

[ See that, the brightest star is your mother ! ]

She looked in the direction of my hands and made a loud baby giggle. That's my girl ! She understands everything, even though she won't. Then she started eating my cheeks making me giggle ! She can make out the best of my worst days.

Later, she kept her small head on my shoulders while I patted her back while walking around in the balcony itself. And she was asleep. I placed her in her cot and was turning back as I saw my sister. I ignored her and went to balcony.

"Well, sorry if you're hurt." She came behind me and said.

"Next time when you say these words, make sure you mean it" I replied. But my tone came much harsh than I thought.

"I wanted to talk to you about.. like everything- that is going in your life"

"Why ? To make more mess of it ?" I asked her sarcastically.

"Aarush, I am not your enemy ! I am your sister. Your family. I don't want anything bad for you. I'm your well wisher"

"Yeah, yeah ! well wisher right?"

"Can you just stop with that tone, please ?"

I didn't say anything even I don't want even talk to her. She's the reason that the Yuvaani thing happened.

"I know you're concerned about your kids. But trust me she's not bad. She's good at heart. She can never harm our muchkins"

"Like you know quite much about her. I see" I taunted.

"Aarush, to be honest, you don't want to marry someone. And that's your side of truth. But for once you thought what will your kids go through once they grow up ? Jab wo apni maa ke liye royenge, tab koi nahi hoga unke paas. Tab wo tumhare paas nahi aayenge rote rote. Ye baat tum bhi jaante ho. When we were kids, we too shared most of the things with our Maa, not Papa !"