𝟏𝟐. 𝐀 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫?

Yuvaani

Feeling his fingers on my bare waist again, my heart churned into an unknown excitement. Our skin contact was-

Something unusual to me.

But, then I lost the warmth of his skin as he put me down as we were in the elevator. He pressed the ground floor button and stood there.

"You can hold my hand, if your feet are hurting"

"No, no.. it's okay" I lied. It was not okay. The thing isn't that my feet were hurting. It was just my stupid wish to be close to him. And I know he won't like it, so better respect the distance.

Then he tried to pull me in a swing again, but I denied him insisting that I wished to walk. He supported me while walking and made me sit carefully in the car. Then he sat on the driver's seat and drove out of the premises.

The clinic approached soon and there was no rush as it was quite early. We were the first to appoint the gynaecologist and we went in.

She checked me and we sat across her desk. She informed him that everything is normal. I glanced at him and his expressions read as 'I don't believe you'

"Are you sure, she's okay?" He asked. I was right! I was right!

"Yes, Mr. Nair. It's just that she'll take a bit more time to adjust with the change. Moreover, she doesn't have any major side effects. These are normal. But yes, take care of her health. Do give her meals on time with proper rest. I'm prescribing medicines to reduce the swelling. And if the swelling isn't reduced after five days, visit again"

"Okay" that's all he said and took the receipt that she had given him. And then helped me to reach the car. A few minutes later he halted the car.

"Wait here, I'll be back" with that he stepped out of the car. When I was going to question him he had already closed the car door.

My gaze followed him and saw him visiting the druggist.

He takes care of every single minute thing!

That's true. As far as I've learnt post marriage, he is a caring person. Even if he doesn't show it. I remember when he replies maa in monosyllables, but he's the first one to notice that her feet massaging oil got over and buyed a new one without anyone knowing it. He's a great father too. He now knows why the kids are crying, is it hunger or discomfort or they just want to be in his arms.

My respect for him has grown into multiple folds when he takes care of these little things, which normally men tend to ignore.

My trance broke as I heard the door opening and closing. He sat and close the door wearing the seatbelt and placed the packet on my laps.

"Thank you" I muttered to which he just smiled at me.

"Mai kya nashta banau aapke liye?"  I asked as I didn't had any topic to speak about.

"Aaram karo tum. Nashta ban chuka hoga, mai wahi kha lunga" he said glancing at me for a second and then averting his gaze on the road.

"Umm.. office mein sab theek hai?"

"Haa"

Here I was trying to build a conversation but he was replying in monosyllables!

Why are you even trying to talk to him? You never did this on your own!

It's nothing like that-

Are you noticing Aarush? Your one touch and she's changing. My brain did a small happy dance at the thought of it.