𝟐𝟐. 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬

Yuvaani

What is wrong with him today? Since the time he got up, he's just been nagging his sorries all around! And he even brought flowers for me! Quite unusual. I really don't know what he is up to. From his face I can make it clear that he's guilty. He's guilty that he shouldn't have behaved with me that way. But what's done is done, right? We can't change the past now.

My heart felt bad that the roses were just lying in the bin like trash. They're beautiful. Also I didn't understand why he just put them in the bin? He could've just placed it anywhere else! I went and picked them up and placed them on the table. I don't want to disrespect his efforts. I got Pihu on bed and dressed her, same with Ansh. These two babies would be really the death of me!

Aarush took both of them in his arms and was about to go out of the room, but "Wait!!!" I hurriedly made them halt. His heels took a one-eighty degree turn and he looked at me, plus both the babies peeking at me with doe eyes.

"I forgot one thing today- just wait for a minute!" I made them wait, and hurriedly took the regular soft cloth and went to the washroom immediately. Coming out with the wet cloth I made my way towards the babies, and went to Ansh first as when I closed the distance with them, he readily jumped on me. I carefully held him and cleaned his jaws with the soft wet cloth by one of its end. I took the other end and clean Pihu's baby mouth.

I don't know how I forgot it today, else I always do it before their bath. "You can go now" I said and kissed Pihu first and I moved to Ansh. I felt Aarush close to me, as I gave Pihu a kiss, as he was holding her. I felt his gaze on me. I quickly kissed Ansh and gave him to Aarush and they got out.

I simply began getting ready and I spruce myself up and got in casuals. Actually, I want to go to bank. I got ready and moved in living room. There u saw him feeding the kids making baby voices to entertain them.

You're such a good father Aarush, I wish you were that good husband for me too.

What am I even thinking? No expectations! I shouldn't expect anything from him. Whenever I raise my expectations he kicks them down, leaving me shattered, so No!

"I'll be back soon" I mentioned to him.

"Where are you going?" He asked

I don't wish to tell him, but as a husband he should know I guess.

"Bank"

"Wait I'll drop you"

"No need, Aarush" My words came out almost instantaneously and a bit more harsh than I expected. I regretted it. I really did. The regret gripped me more when he felt disappointed, and his eyes depicted hurt.

I myself hated the tone of my words-

"I mean, you should be with kids. I'll be back soon" saying this I rushed out.

What was that? Why wasn't I able to see the disappointment in his eyes?

Shaking my thoughts, I swiftly booked an auto and went to the bank, and did my work. I regenerate my new ATM card's pin as the earlier one got expired. I made it fast and was about to book a cab for myself but I got a call.

Sanskar

It was quite unusual of him to call at this hour. He never calls me during his office hours.

"Hello" I said.

"Hello," The other voice said. He wasn't Sanskar. This voice was way more different.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Do you personally know the owner of the phone? Actually he met an accident and we brought him to hospital. I thought I should inform someone who knows him. But you were the last dialed person, so I called you" The man said.