𝟐𝟒. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞

Aarush

I was busy studying his face, which gave me mixed signals. He tried gazing at random things and after a good minute he replied

"Yes, I do"

This fucking man didn't even have the shame of eyeing a married girl! Shameless creature! And I hated the fact that he did like her.

"I knew it!" I made myself sound obvious, to which he smiled and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"I knew that you knew," he said.

"Don't you think one shouldn't have their eyes on married women?" I asked, being sarcastic. I didn't like the fact that he was into my wife.

"Don't worry. I won't cause problems in your married life. There must be something her father saw in you that led to the marriage."

"Stop talking all the sugary words, when you're caught red handed, Sanskar! And the problem isn't that you won't create problems in our married life, it is you liking her" I stressed on the last half of the sentence.

"I like her even before you two were married. It isn't all of a sudden" He mentioned.

Do I look like I'm interested in knowing his love life?
Of Course not.
Bastard!!! FUCKING BASTARD!!!

"She's my Wife. Sanskar." I muttered calmly. I want to make this topic as smooth as possible. I don't want any indecent fights over this matter which officially leads to a change of environment.

"My feelings don't matter, Aarush. I know she's your wife. And I'll be there for her as her friend, till my last breath. I know you have the right to be insecure and protect your woman, but trust me. I don't want to steal her from you"

"You can't. She's MY WIFE" I made my words clear, slightly yelling at him!

I'm finding it hard to keep my calm!

But there was a sound of the door opening and closing indicating she's here.

"What were you guys talking about?" she asked. Her expressions looked normal, which means she isn't aware of the conversation we are having here.

"Um- nothing much, I was asking about your kids" he replied before I could utter words from my lips.

Scared enough to tell her, huh!

I moved to her side, closing the distance between us yet maintaining a respectful distance between us.

"Should I drop you home?" I asked.

"Um- I wanted to be here for some time" she replied.

"Alright, I'll leave for the office from here, text me once you get home safe" I assured to which she nodded.

"But the kids?" she asked, sounding concerning.

"Don't worry about them, parents are there at home" I tried to erase the query.

"Um, no- actually drop me home"

"Yuvaani it's okay, they're fine. You should be here if you want to, don't worry about our babies"

"Aarush, yesterday too, I didn't gave them much time, and if I don't give time to them today-"

"Vaani, I think Sanskar's health is at priority right now. He needs someone near him right now, and I told you na, babies are safe, I think you should be here" I said and I didn't get any response in return.

"Alright, I'm taking my leave, Take care Sanskar, and you reach home safe" I bid them bye and left from there.

I quickly got in my car and drove towards my office.

Priya always told me to follow a thing. Which was not letting outsiders know how bad our relationship is currently going. They would just love to worsen the situation, and spoil our relationship instead of mending it. Which was the reason I defended her as my wife in front of him. And personally too, I won't entertain him for the same.

I felt a knot in my stomach when he positively replied to my question. No God, not this time too! I won't let my wife go away from me like last time. Did he really not find anyone else to look at? Why my wife? Damnnnnn!!! I'm fucking going crazy due to this shit. I hate it in the first place.

The start of the day went so well that my day would be legendary remarkable today!
Do not the dripping sarcasm!

Soon, I got to the office before time and was arranging my desk before beginning to work. Few hours later, I received Vaani's text that she reached home safely. I replied and got to work again. Today I had a heavy workload which got me struck, resulting in a three hour delay to reach home. Still I tried to hurry, which didn't help me at all but yeah, it worsened my situation.

It was ten pm and my phone flashed by Vaani's call.

"Hello?"

"Hello" I replied

"Where are you Aarush, It's almost past ten are you coming home?" she asked

"Yeah actually, I really got compiled in work, just a few minutes I'm leaving" I said

"You had your dinner?"

"No actually, It was really rough d-" before I could complete my sentence my colleague shouted from the other side

"Aarush, jaane se pehle record update kar dena and mail it to me"

[ Aarush, before leaving update the record and mail it to me ]

"Yeah!" I replied to him, while Yuvaani was still on the phone.

"So when will you be back?" Her voice felt concerning

"Twenty to thirty minutes, I guess." I replied mailing the updated list to my colleague and pacing up my things.

"Okay, I'll heat up the food for you" she mentioned

"Arre, don't worry about that, I'll take it myself. You must be tired all day long, grab some sleep, I'll manage" I said and cut the call as the battery was absolutely at five percent!

Soon I reached home and I knocked, because I know my mother won't sleep until I'm in. But to my surprise Yuvaani opened the door, which made me feel a bit good.

Was she up for me?

"Hey!" I wished as she opened the door for me.

"Come in" she welcomed me with a small smile.

"Aap handwash kar lo, main khana lagati hu" She said and before I could tell her not to, she dashed into the kitchen.

[Wash your hands, I'll get the food ready for you]

I washed my hands and sat on the chair across the dining table. That's when I noticed there were two plates instead of one. And she sat opposite me.

"Tumne khana nahi khaya?" I asked

"Um hm" she nodded her head in negative, serving both of us simultaneously.

"Why? You should've dined with everyone na"

"I wasn't hungry though"

"Were you waiting for me?" I asked and her hand stopped while serving me dal, matching her gaze with mine.

"Hmm" she hummed and continued to serve me.

"You shouldn't ha-"

"I wanted to" she immediately cut me off, maybe she knew what I was about to say.

Not wasting any more minutes, we had our dinner minorly talking about how our day passed by. I'm liking that we're accepting each other as friends, maybe. At least she finds me comfortable enough to share her day with me. Soon, we were done and I thanked her for the dinner and waiting for me, and we left for our rooms retiring to sleep.

She waited for me.
She wanted to have dinner with me.